King Making Case for Roster Spot

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Agreed.

2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Honestly, when we start talking about cutting CB's due to TOO MUCH depth at the position and we have essentially two decent FS in Thompson(I know) and Lowry with Scott and Fuller essentially special teamers, WHY NOT move Griff back to safety?! That would also allow us to potentially cut Thompsons undue salary and either restructure some of our core guys or bring in "now" players like Rice. It makes sense to us armchair coaches on SO many levels.

3. DJB

DJB Starter

I can see it now. King continues to progress making a move back to S for Griffin possible....Titans D makes the greatest improvement in NFL history...Griffin wins defensive rookie of the year...Titans go deep in the playoffs due to strong defensive secondary play....all because nickleback Eric King stepped up in training camp. Eric King could be the most important player in camp right now:))

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Because the game is on NFL Network, I'll certainly be paying closer attention to him.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I don't get NFL network any more do you have to pay for it now?

6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I don't get it either, luckily I'm going...

7. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

If you have cable, then yes, you have to pay extra to get it. It's a long story, but basically NFLN is a very expensive channel for cable providers to keep, so they have to pass on the costs to the customers.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

6 CBs and 5 S

Harper/Finnegan/Griffin/Hill/Herndon/King

Hope/Lowry/Thompson/Fuller/Nickey or Scott

May come down to Thompson or Scott (oh, please)

I can see Herndon being here for one year if Jones returns to the team.

Wow, this is a lot riding on King performing well. It's still way early, but there were good words about him last year.

Unfortunately, that means Ryan Smith, at best, makes the practice squad. Waddell and Woolfolk are already history. I guess I shouldn't say unfortunately, if they haven't displayed enough to keep active.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Sort of.

It's part of a digital cable package if you pay extra for that.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Unless you have Charter cable and then you can't get it at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar