Killzone 2 Opening and Gameplay

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

In case anyone has the Gamestop demo codes, they are indeed working as of noon today. The servers are ABYSMALLY slow, so don't count on it being done anytime soon.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That's no shock.

I think Europe got the demo today as well on the PSN store.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Impressions...

I won't geek out too much, but the game is impressive. It's not revolutionary, but my god is it POLISHED. It looks good in screens and videos; it RUNS better while playing. Surround sound is incredible, probably some of the best I've seen implemented. The controls the first time felt a BIT off (I put it on COD4 style which is Alternative 2 plus disabling hold aim), but I got used to it the second walkthrough and it was about as comfortable as can be. The guns feel great, and shooting is truly a rewarding experience as it should. The AI is probably the most impressive. Example, I shot a dude in the leg, he dove over a nearby table, rolled behind it's cover, blindly shooting as he landed, while his nearby friendly yelled out for covering fire so he could find more suitable cover. It's those little things that make me enjoy the demo.

From what I can tell, it's as good as advertised.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Apparently this is an old build of the game as well.

I was most impressed with the Surround Sound, it is crazy.

5. Toly

Toly Free your mind

KamikaZ - Alternative 2 is right but hold aim needs to be enabled or checked. I also increased the x and y axis sensitivity bars to the maximum so that the movement doesn't feel so heavy, though it's still a bit hard to aim.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I used Alt 2 as well. The use of R3 for zoom is crazy.

7. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Well, R3 for zoom makes sense because of the cover system... you hold L2 to enter cover and press R3 to zoom in (with hold aim off) - this is the default setting and it works perfectly when in cover. With Alternative 2, you need to hold L2 to enter cover and press L1 (or hold L1 if hold aim is on) to zoom in, which makes it very uncomfortable.

My ideal set up would be to use the default setting for cover and Alternative 2 for everything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar