KG To Celtics: Not Gonna Happen

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DCtitan49, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Some of my sources said that the Celtics and Timberwolves were 1 step away from having Garnett wearing the 21 in a different shade of Green and Black.
    Scenario 1-

Minnesota Recieves:
    Paul Pierce
    Wally Zcserbiack(spell check)

Boston Receives:
    Kevin Garnett

Scenario 2-
    Minnesota Recieves:
    Boston's 1st Selection (5th overall)
    Boston's 2nd Selection (36th overall)

Boston Recieves:
    Kevin Garnett
    Ricky Davis

one of these combo's was about to be a done deal, when KG said he just flat out didnt want to play for Boston, makes sense when they purposley tanked last year to try and get Durant or Oden, well once again the Celtics get low balled by the NBA. And i guess the Celtics are about out of luck.

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Good for the Celtics. They would have mortgaged their entire future for a chance to have Pierce and KG on the same team.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Well, if they draft the chinese dude, who is prob the best pick at that draft position, he's a sf. So KG does nothing for them unless he plays PF. I think the Celtics do need to make a move. Paul Pierce cannot carry a team, while KG with some help can. So I'd get KG, and then try to make a move for another high profile player. KG in green is a lot more profitable than PP in green. Much more exciting to watch. But KG would need some help. I woud have liked it.

4. BigRed3

I think Corey Brewer would be a good pick for the Celtics. Do I think he's worth the fifth pick? That's debatable. But the kid has a great wingspan and is freakishly athletic, plus he's a damn good defender. That'll come in handy with Lebron, Wade, and possibly Kobe in the Eastern Conference.

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

It sucks the Eastern Confrence is so weak. It could possibly be even weaker then the NFC in football.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

nah the east have won like 5 out of the last 8 championships, and they at least have some teams that can take out western teams.

Pistons
    Cavs
    Heat
    Wizards
    Bulls

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Did you see that trade proposal. My god. That was interesting, but the Lakers with Kobe and KG. My god. The West would be smoking. The Pacers are freaking stupid if they do that. They get nothing in that deal. The Celtics get better. But only moderately.

KG - Lakers
    Oneal - Celtics
    Pacers - Odom
    Minnesota - 3 picks.

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

your full of sheeet.... who would the pacers get, thats what makes your rumor so false, and the celtics would have to give the heat something to get oneal...

9. BigRed3

Wow... Rashard Lewis going to the Magic for max money. Is he really worth that much?

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Lewis is underrated, hes probably top 15 in the league, i say hes worth max money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar