KG to Celtics almost done deal

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by bulluck4dMVP, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

If they make this deal, they'll have a two (maybe three) year run of success. After that, Boston will be NOTHING. They'd be giving up Gerald Green and Al Jefferson for KG. They've already given up Delonte West in the Ray Allen trade. Rajon Rondo is the only nice young player left for the Celtics.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

This is good for the nba. The Celtics are probably the only place KG could have gone and really rejuvenated a city and team from the dead. The Celtics ought to be an Eastern Conference threat now. I'm not sure if they could win the nba finals, but the Celtics are now watchable. I'm glad it was done. I haven't watched either team for years now. But at least I can watch the Celtics and maybe even hate them again.

The Celtics gave up some potential, but they were stuck in the middle, and that is a hard place to get out of. So was Minnesota. Now both teams are in good position to change their fortunes in the draft. One now. The other later.

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Man I wanted KG on the Cavs so much. Too bad I knew it would never happen

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

It's a good deal for both teams. Boston is apparently going to get Green and Jefferson, who are legitamitely solid players on the rise, along with Ratlif's expiring contract and apparently Telfair too, who I guess can be solid. Whoever said they're sacrificing the future is absurd; none of those guys will ever be stars or building block fixtures for a team. At most, they'll be very good support players.

With that said, Boston now has three players who will make that team very promising in a dismal Eastern Conference. All three are players in the later years of their prime but with great things to offer in their own individual niche, and all three are starving for rings. If they stay healthy, the Celtics should be heavy players.

And Minnisota get a couple nice players essentially for nothing, as KG had no business being there next season anyway.

6. BigRed3

I think Al Jefferson has a chance to be a star in this league. Gerald Green has TONS of upside, but hasn't really realized it. What I meant when I said they're mortgaging their future is that the Celtics have gone from one of the youngest teams in the league to one of the oldest in one offseason. They've traded their young up and comers (Jefferson, Green, Delonte West, and in some way Sebastian Telfair). Now the only young gun left is Rajon Rondo, a point guard who can't shoot his way out of a wet paper bag. Right now, as currently assembled, the Celtics have to be one of the top teams in the Eastern Conference. So for three to four years they'll have a legit contender in the East. But what after that? If Danny Ainge has shown anything in his tenure running the Celtics, it's that he has no semblance of a plan. He has switched strategies on countless occassions during his tenure. They went from competing with Pierce and Walker, to going with a youth movement, to trying to win again with Pierce and Walker, to going back with a youth movement, now they're stockpiling veterans.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I agree with you in principle if you apply it to most teams. The problem is that the Celtics as an organization needed this so badly. Danny Ainge has been terrible IMO, and while this probably only added to his continued tenure, this was an organization starting at zero and going nowhere in the way it was managed. You made a good point, but I simpily think that with the way Ainge runs this team and manages it, it's always been a team that can only compete in spurts. But, they havent had the pieces for it until now.

8. BigRed3

It's sad really, because everyone knows the end game of all of this will be Danny Ainge getting a contract extension. Doc Rivers (a mediocre coach) already has his, despite being a disappointment during his tenure (although, a lot of that can be attributed to Danny Ainge's "plan" or lack thereof while running the Celtics). Overall, I think that the Celtics have had a great offseason, and they'll be contenders for the forseeable future, because even Danny Ainge can't mess up a team that has Pierce, Allen, and Garnett.

9. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I would rather have Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis, and JJ Redick over Garnett, Pierce, and Allen, cus im a magic fan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar