KFC: "continue starting me or cut me"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Young remains a captain, Collins ponders future

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky I spent a little extra time with Titans coach Jeff Fisher after practice Wednesday to ask him about Vince Young's team captaincy.
    I didn't expect it to be stripped -- that would have created a huge story -- but I do think once he's back in uniform it will appear very odd for a guy with a "C" on the front of his jersey to spend much of the game perched atop an equipment crate.
    "He was voted a captain by his teammates and that never changes as far as I am concerned," Fisher said. "We've basically, because [Young's] been inactive, appointed Kerry as captain because of the natural progression and the position he plays."
    Collins will continue to be a captain as long as he's starting, Fisher said. And Fisher has said repeatedly that Collins will hold onto the job as long as things are going well for the team.
    Playing again has stirred things up for Collins, whose contract is up at the end of the season. He told reporters from the Tennessean and City Paper today that he can't envision returning as a backup.
    "After sitting for two years and not being a starter, I know I can still do this at high level. It is going to have to be a starting job or I'm going to have to make a decision,'' Collins said. "I feel like I'm a starter. It is going to be hard for me to go back to being a backup.''
    Collins in no way was attempting to ignite a controversy. He simply gave an honest answer to a question about next year. Clearly the Titans are going to be making big decisions on Young, Collins and Chris Simms when this season is over.
    Young returned to practice today in a limited capacity. If the Titans needed him, he could be on a faster track back from the knee sprain he suffered in the opener. He's probably the third quarterback for the third consecutive game this week when the Titans go to Baltimore, but this time he's more likely to be in uniform.
    He spoke once after the first game, when he was booed, tried to take himself out of the game and later got hurt. He's completely off limits now.

More...

2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Hmmm....going to be interesting.

3. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

or the title could be "Collins wants to be a full time starter in the league"

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I would be more worried if he said "Once VY is healthy, I'll gladly tuck my tail and return to the bench." At least he is showing the fire that VY apparently lost when he started hearing voices. Remember, VY "apparently" quit on his teammates? KFC is mad, as he should be, at least his emotions are because he wants to play, not because he doesn't know if he wants too anymore.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

how about...

"Start me so I can cash in this offseason with another team"

because we all know we aren't resigning him after this year..

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

As long as he plays well he shouldn't have anything to worry about.

7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Yikes. I'm starting to think next year we will have VY starting and Simms as the backup. I still wish we had gotten Dennis Dixon in the draft, but oh well, not gonna happen.

8. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Yet again too much credit and/or an ego developed on the offensive side of the ball because of our defense.

He's an average QB at best, and if we had an average offense, Kerry would be useless. We'd be playing Vince, and rightfully so, allowing him to grow.

Fortunately for Kerry, our defense is ridiculously good and Vince has come nowhere close to developing, assuming he does. I hope his ego doesn't get the best of him because he is the starting QB on a 4-0 team. We all know it's not "because" of him.

9. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

QB controversy? Titans' Young returns to practice

Titans quarterback Vince Young returned to practice. More...

10. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Call it a hunch but something tells me Vince is going to come back in a BIG way......I mean everything else has gone right this season......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar