Keyshawn Johnson - lets get him!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NYTitansFan, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanFanBudMan

TitanFanBudMan Professor

I apologize for the confusion. It might have been better worded to say that KJ had more catches and yards last year than all of the current WRs on our team this year (Jones, Gage, Roby, Williams, Givens) COMBINED for last year. Well, maybe that is better anyway. My point was we don't have a lot of experienced WRs on the team (except Givens who has not fully recovered). Hopefully, Jones or someone else will emerge, but I think KJ would given us that "proven experienced" wideout for at least a year...maybe two. I agree that we need to have our current wideouts get more exp, but Vince is our only real star on offense, and he needs some go to weapons. Hopefully we drafted some, but who really knows at this point.

2. Big Papi

Big Papi Guest

Keyshawn would be a great pick up for a young quaterback like Vince....a great option to keep the chains moving on third down. We need a veteran reciever

3. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

i think we should get him, if the price is right for his age...

right now i think any veteran receiver could help

4. i do not want keyshawn because he will cost to much and wont be able to back up what he talks this year

5. TitanFanBudMan

TitanFanBudMan Professor

I think we all agree that the Keyshawn deal should be near the league minimum if we took him, but truthfully we have all kinds of cap room that is going to go to waste this year anyway.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

2 year deal, league average

7. johnnybow

johnnybow Guest

I'm intrigued by his blocking ability. I bet Chow will spend some time this off season brainstorming new running plays for VY. Key might be a plus in that regard. And 70 catches last year ain't bad production.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Wha? The Titans have more cash available than ever and they won't be landing any high priced superstars anytime soon.. As a fan I don't give 2 farts about the teams interest returns - spend that money...

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Will someone please list the last incident that Key has had with any team since Gruden (who was also being stubborn) benched him, 2003?

There is nothing and even in 2003 Key was coming off a 2x1000 yard seasons and not getting passes in the red zone - the year chucky went wild on him.

He could be a solid pickup this season, I think better then any other WR that has been on the block this season.

10. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I don't think Keyshawn would be a liability by any means; something about him just kinda fits into this system I reckon, VY needs a reliable guy to get the ball to who can block and mentor. The only thing that might hold him back is price (it wouldn't be too much, possibly just more than he's worth) and the race for the rings. Tennessee might be able to push for the playoffs again this year, but as a Superbowl contender? Not yet. Key ain't got too long to wait around for us to become one, either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar