Keys to this loss...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DelawareTitan, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

I can absolutely put this loss on Fisher, I'll blame the players a bit, but who is calling the plays? Fisher finally proved to the world that he spent 3 million on another run blocker in Moss. Sorry for saying this, and yes I realize it's a run first team, but...get the ball to Moss for the love of God. He is a hall of fame WR and we don't even look his way? Cmon! This team has talent and it isn't utilized.

Not going for it on 4th and 1 when you're down in the closing mins of the game? I supposed that was somehow CJ's fault? Manning went for it on 4th and 4 when they were up. Yet another poor coaching decision. I'm not going to sit back and celebrate the fact that we finally scored a touchdown after 15 quarters. Bad coaching all the way. We can all sit here and say how we cant tackle, shouldn't we be practicing that? Or finding personal that can? The season is over lets play some other guys and see what we have if anything, it's not going to hurt.

I truly hope that Adams realizes not only has Fisher lost his team, he has lost the fans. And when the media uses the argument that he is the longest tenured HC, that Adams realizes Fisher expired about 10 years ago. Then when they go to the argument that Fisher gets the most out of his players, who is he getting the most out of right now? CJ? Mariani? That seems to be it to me. I'm all for blaming this seasons failure on Fisher, not to mention past seasons failures. Get rid of Fisher and the rest of the staff, they're nothing but a joke now.

2. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Sorry, forgot to add #45 to that list of guys that is still playing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm trying to think of Titans players who have had a consistently good season:

still thinking...

Mariani, that's about all I can think of.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Verner has been pretty consistent. He's given up some plays but that's a tough position for a rookie to play. Mariani and Verner, both rookies. Hmmmm... maybe there's something to that.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Kuharsky has a blog in the AFC South forum on this. It basically said the Titans didn't know if Britt would be ready so they didn't do anything in a short week with both on the field the same time. Fisher said Britt was productive so he opted to keep him in instead of Moss.

And on the eight pass plays Moss was on the field, I gotta think Collins is responsible for not going to him. Collins does not have a deep ball and he was two-hopping any pass he threw where he couldn't step into it.

No one better to replace him at the moment. It has to be a priority this offseason.

I just saw the mistakes on the field being a much bigger factor in the loss. I was actually impressed Fisher got them to play the second half after such a horrible start.

6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Either way, continued mistakes on the field are a reflection of coaching.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And for the record the percentages for converting 4th and 1 are 74% according to NFL Advanced Statistics.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

This game was Fisher's best coaching job of the season.

But that's a bit like saying this turd was the least smelly of any I've had this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar