Keys to the Game: Titans @ Chargers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Limit LT. Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson ran through the Raiders defense like a chainsaw through butter for 131 yards Monday night. Though the Titans defense did a decent job in slowing the Jets ground game last Sunday, they were gashed early and often during the preseason. If the Titans are to have a chance to win Sunday, they have to find a way to keep LT in check and force the inexperieiced Phillip Rivers to beat them through the air. Expect the Chargers to use the screen pass or try and hit LT in the flat if they are effective in slowing the Chargers rushing attack.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001712.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

nice article. The Titans have to get their running game going. I hope they do but unfortunately I don't see it happening. That leaves the Titans with Collins (sigh) passing the ball and getting sacked quite a few times.
    The WR's will need to get open and hold onto the ball. Hopefully with another week of getting use to KC (sigh) some chemistry will have developed.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Key to the Game:

Score more points than opponent.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Run the ball.

Keep LT off the field.

5. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Since Collins will be the starter, I suggest Chow let him draw plays on his shirt in the huddle for the receivers. That way we don't have any more "miscommunications". :)) :yes: :ha:

[​IMG]

6. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Running game needs to be good for us to take up time nd keep LT off the field

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Take away Tomlinsons 50 yard run and he had 30 carries for 80 yards.

8. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Exactly the point I was about to make. The one thing we did good against the Jets was stopping the run. Even with Robaire out they couldn't get much done. I know that Kevan Barlow is no LT, but I'm also pretty confident that we are better than the faders at almost every position.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

maybe not at DC.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if you're going to stop LT you have to play in the offense's side of the line of scrimmage. we dont like to do that, so he'll gash us left and right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar