Keys For A Win Saturday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eTitan81, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

So what does everyone think needs to happen for the Titans to win Saturday.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

show up and play Titanball.

run run run and when that gets old run some more. When and only when the scatbirds put 8-9 in the box do the Titans pass. If walksonWaterboy is deep throw under LBs to Scaife, if walksonWaterboy is in tight then throw deep to Scaife. Under no cirumstances throw to McCarins even if he manages to be open he will be on a self-check

3. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes Camp Fodder

GoT I strongly disagree with you. Run run run and run some more plays right into the strength of our defense. You averaged 2.1 ypc in our last meeting. Some of the longest sustained drives we've surrendered all year have been against no huddle offenses. It doesn't allow for Rex Ryan to make the necessary personnel substitutions for his crazy defensive schemes. Running the no huddle a few series will be key to a Titans win in my opinion.

Also, anytime you see Frank "Faceguard" Walker or Corey Ivy on the field you need to attack them.

The biggest key to winning any football game is the turnover battle. If Collins can protect the ball and throw no picks you have to like your chances.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

If the Titans run the ball 40+ times I like the Titans chances a lot. JF is content to punt and Titan running game should be able to do some damage if they will just stick with it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

Well the NFL network is saying that the Ravens are "HOT" now. So that is bad for Baltimore. The Colts were "HOT" last week. I think running the ball and schooling Flaco is the main thing.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

On Offense:
    I think we need to pass the ball. That takes Ray Lewis out of the game. They have good team defense, but passing makes it an individual game if done correctly. They can be beat on the medium routes.
    Come out passing. And not short. Medium sized routes for everyone including the RB's.
    Get Scaife the ball on some TE slip Screens. The Ravens will overpursure to the strong side.
    Drag our RB's and TE's across the field from time to time to use our speed.

On Defense:
    Rattle the Rookie with pressue.
    The Ravens run game is weak. Keep it that way. They don't dart. Just make the tackle.
    They have no speed at WR in my opinion, so we can pressure and get away with it. Though I know we don't normally do that. We ought to. It's a rookie who is not all that accurate even with his strong arm.
    Cover Mason on third down, they go to him a lot. The other WR is a bust.
    No need to sell out to the run like normal.
    Keep an eye on Heap. He will be asked to make a big play at some point though not often.

7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Bean-stalk Flacco hasn't been thrust to the wolves like he will be Saturday. The crowd will be wild, and we'll be 100% healthy on the d-line. Better be a lot of bubble-screens and slants, or it's going to be a tough(er) day for the ol' rook.

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Keep Kerry Collins upright. Keep Chris Johnson from getting destroyed by Ray Lewis. Play Titans defense. Would like to see a little more blitzing on passing downs with a rookie at QB. Lendale White could very well be more effective than Johnson in this one. I'll take Jeff Fisher, and Kerry Collins over Harbaugh, and Flacco anyday.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm still wondering how in the world Warren Sapp thought that Kerry Collins was the toughest qb to bring to the turf ever. But Collins needs to avoid getting hit this week. Sacks will kill us. We need to stay within the 10 yard limit and move forward, not backward.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G01GXs-P0Ts&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G01GXs-P0Ts&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kerry will need to do this....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar