Key Post Game Quotes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Jeff Fisher

(on Vince Young’s condition)

He has a mild hamstring (injury) right now and we will just see how he is throughout the week. I kept him warm and on the bike and he would have been able to hand off, and so that gives you kind of some idea. I am not going to comment any further than that.
    (On LenDale White being healthy enough to play to give Johnson a break)

LenDale healthy? Yeah, he doesn’t have any health issues. No, we’re just trying to get C.J. his yards. He never got in the game. (On Coach Spagnuolo having a problem with the touchdown made by Alge Crumpler)

I mean, I wasn’t looking at him when I made that decision when Alge caught the ball so you’ll have to ask him. Again, we settled for threes early and we need to learn to score touchdowns and if they were unhappy with it. They faked a punt when they were down by 30. I wasn’t doing anything from a personal standpoint. I was trying to score points and coach a football team.

QB VINCE YOUNG

(on what happened on the play that he got hurt)

I just kind of tweaked my hamstring a little bit so I just got off of it and told coach, ‘I’m just going to sit it out. I didn’t want to get too bad with it and injure it even worse.’

(on if he had to come back if it were in a playoff-type situation)

Oh yeah, definitely. Safety-wise, like I always say, I’m going to listen to the doctors and do what they say because they know best.

(on taking precautions and whether he is more aware of them now than a year ago)

It’s big, just listening to all the things that are going on around the league, from concussions to sprained knees, all kinds of stuff. The game is getting faster and guys are getting more physical. All kind of things are going on. You definitely have to protect your body, and our trainers did a good job of making sure everything was straight.

(on his hamstring)

It’s alright. I don’t really feel too much pain. Like I said, I did a good job of getting off of it. Our trainers did a good job of letting me know what I needed to do to keep it warm. You see me on the bicycle during the game and things like that. It’s not too sore and that’s a good thing.

(on of if the hamstring injury was related to his knee)

That’s what I said earlier. I really feel like I was focused a lot on my knee this week. Most of the time I usually get like a mile, two miles in, concentrate on my hamstring and I didn’t get a chance to do that because I was focusing on my knee. At the same time, it happens, talking to my trainer and (Steve) Watterson. The good thing about it is it’s not hurting as much. So, that’s a good thing.

(on if it was emotionally painful to come off the field after earning the starting position back)

Oh yeah, it definitely was painful. All respect to Kerry Collins, they got that big faith in him. I know he knows what to do. He got out there and took care of responsibilities. So, the biggest thing is I’ve got to get my leg back right.

QB KERRY COLLINS

(on how much the practice reps helped when Vince Young hurt his knee)

It definitely helped. Obviously, getting the reps during the week made me that much more familiar with what we were doing. I had the whole day on Friday and a little bit on Thursday. To be able to get some reps later on in the week definitely helped today.

(on his comfort level)

I felt pretty comfortable when I first went in. We had some drives stall in the red zone that we wish we could have capitalized on a little bit better. For the most part I felt comfortable going in there and felt comfortable with the game plan and what we were going to do.

(on his thought process going forward)

Obviously, we’ll just see where Vince is at after tomorrow and Tuesday. See how he feels. Whatever I’m asked to do this week, I’ll do. Hopefully he’ll be back and we’ll get him back in there. If he’s not ready to go, I’ll look forward to getting ready this week and playing Sunday.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

"He would have been able to hand off"... wtf does that even mean? Oh- he's healthy enough to HAND THE BALL OFF? Seriously? Tyrone Calico could have handed a ball off at any point of his career... but uhhh.

"No we're just trying to get CJ his yards" - dumb. Utilize all your talent rather than taking a chance on killing a large portion of it.

"Again, we settled for threes early and we need to learn to score touchdowns and if they were unhappy with it." - Please. Any player that's been on Fisher's team for more than 3 weeks knows the gameplan revolves around field goals and TOP.

I kind of hate this guy. Again.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah well I was hoping CF ran that last one in too make it 54-7 cause I really need that 6th topping on my Papa Johns pizza tomorrow!

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Almost 10 years of bitterness...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar