Kevin Dodd trade, would you?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, Aug 28, 2017.

?

Kevin Dodd trade, would you?

Poll closed Sep 4, 2017.
  1. Trade for a 4th?

41.4%
  2. Trade for a 5th

31.0%
  3. Keep until he's 30 and still not contributing

27.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Zach Brown played plenty during his time here. He was a sandbagging piece of **** that didn't want to be here anymore, so we let him go. Notice he played last season and this season on one-year deals, because he's a sandbagging piece of ****.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Fry

Aaron Rodgers and Jimmy Garrapolo sat behind hall of famers. They weren't held back by injuries and or lack of talent.

Gary Barnidge broke out with an outlier year on a bad team with no other weapons. He quickly fell back to earth the very next season, becoming an average NFL TE.

Brandon Marshall had 1300 yards his second season, which does not adhere to your "first few seasons" remark.

Being unproductive as a rookie is not uncommon, but being total useless and then exploding after three or four wasted seasons and keeping up that pace is. Seems like James Harrison is the only one you could come up with. Here's to hoping Kevin Dudd is the next James Harrison.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

(den) means the Denver Brandon Marshall. Dodd is behind a pro bowler. I strongly disagree with the term "lack of talent" otherwise he would of not been a 2nd round pick.

4. Fry

Lol.

Both Brandon Marshalls played at Denver to start their careers. That was the mix up.

Either way, we're talking about mid round picks for both of them. Guys fall through the cracks and then get a chance. Kevin Dudd, and anyone else drafted high enough to have the "bust" label if they fail, will have every opportunity to justify their draft status.

That's fine, but why was he totally unproductive in college, save his last five games?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Those guys played some during their first few years. Rodgers played the least as it was the style at the time to sit and develop a QB. And he sat behind Brett Favre who wasn't close to being done. So while it was a nice try:

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

I didnt know Orakpo or Derrick Morgan were at the end of their careers.

7. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

Like you, I dont believe Dodd was worth a 2nd round pick. BUT, people have been drafted at his position or higher for showing less. He was a DE in college and plays OLB now and a lot of people are expecting him to just make the switch effortlessly even withan injury. Im not trying to say he has excuses for not producing, but I also think he hasn't had an actual chance to prove what we can do. Someone like Chance Warmack ACTUALLY had multiple seasons & did nothing. Dodd is in his 2nd season and people want to trade him for nothing already. I just don't get it.

8. Fry

Rushing the passer from the left end spot is the same, whether his hand is on the ground or not, and he's been terrible at it. I won't fault him for his struggles in pass coverage. He shouldn't be asked to do that.

I think there's a real chance he doesn't make the roster. The only thing that is keeping it from being a certainty is his draft status. If he is going to be let go, then yeah, I would take literally anything for him.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

They're both pretty good, not Favre or Brady good. Dodd isn't on the field because Orapko and Morgan are so great he can't break in. He's doing that on his own.

I'm amazed on how "hope" triumphs over reality on this board, especially when it comes to player love. Dodd was a flier project pick based off his flash production, he is old for a draftee, he came on board with a chronic type injury, did little to nothing his rookie year, was called out for effort by his head coach his rookie year, hasn't done anything since declaring himself 100% healthy this year and yet we still have posters here who just can't tolerate it when some folks say they've seen all they need to see to know this guy is a bust. I mean the rationalization is off the charts.......

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Fry

And quarterback isn't a position that gets rotated either. The backup stays on the bench unless there is injury.

Dudd could force himself on the field if he could legitimately get some pressure on the QB.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar