Kevin Dodd has Foot Surgery

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, May 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I would have been fine with Hunter Henry too.....But Jack was a SERIOUS worry. There is a reason a **** ton of teams passed on him, not just us....I do agree that Dodd's size fits the 4-3 better, but he looked pretty damn fast and good despite while at Clemson. It wasn't like we reached on a projected 3rd rounder or something. Dude was a 1st round grade. The stress fracture is worrisome for sure, but we just have to wait and see how it plays out. I still think the kid can be a force.

2. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

1st round grade was based on 2 games though, seems silly.

3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Kid had 12 sacks last year and 46 pressures....More importantly, he is GOOD against the run...Something we needed desperately. Has Michael Bennett size which doesn't hurt. I was and am fine with the pick. I just hope he recovers from the fracture like we need him to. Kevin Dodd Draft Profile – NFL.com

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Orakpo is 30 with a history of injuries and Morgan missed 6 games last season. The Titans desperately needed a 3rd viable guy.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

And defensive production fell off a cliff after the Morgan injury. And Orakpo's torn pec injury has had me concerned since they signed him. Was pleasantly surprised he stayed healthy all last year, hope it continues.

I would have been cool with Hunter Henry instead of Dodd for sure though. OLB depth is good, but bringing in a stuf #2 TE to learn behind Walker would be awesome. But I would say OLB was a bigger need. We can get a top TE next year if we want (and should).

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Jack or smith

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Get off the nut swinging train.....We'll see how long their careers are lol..Smith isn't even playing this year

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Neither is Dodd lol

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah but at the time, nobody had a clue...EVERYONE knew that Smith and Jack were tore up....

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I wouldn't have minded a TE to grow behind Walker but we desperately needed another OLB compared to a backup TE, which we had like 4 last year. I don't think a TE having to sit a year or 2 is a big deal anyway, I see it as a plug and play position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar