Kevin Carter on list of possible cuts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The issue wasn't his character.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

His character was called into question on post #18.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I mean I wasnt questioning it.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I didn't think you were.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

as long as we are on the same page. :ha:

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If Carter was willing to play for the vet minimum, I might consider it. But I doubt he'd be willing to do that and the Titans will not throw a lot of money at DT.

At this point, I don't see the Titans even offering Haynesworth a long-term deal.

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Restructuring isn't always a good deal for a player, otherwise every player in the league would want to restructure and get the upfront guaranteed money. Lots of players have chosen to get cut than to take a restructured deal.

In most restructured deals, a lot of the money to be paid out is put at the "back end" of the contract and a player is given a small "signing bonus", which would be called guaranteed money and the player plays for the league vet minimum. That's why so many players end up getting cut because the team doesn't want to own up to and pay out that huge back end loaded contract for a player who no longer lives up to that amount of money.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

nor should they.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yes that is the difference between guranteed money and non-guranteed money. Guranteed money is actual money that helps TO feed his family nonguranteed money is not actual money and is not useful for feeding TOs family

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar