Kevin Carter on list of possible cuts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nouveaux

nouveaux Starter

I'd love to see Carter come back. He was the one guy that I hated to see leave. Wonder if he'd come back cheaper...

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

No thanks.

Steve McNair is still aTitan.

So, what good would Sam Madison be when Steve McNair is his teammate.

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

He IS back in town and spent a little quality time at the Titan's facility.:winker:

4. smili

smili Starter

Carter and KVB might have enough spunk along w/ Bullock to put some pride back in the D. We lost too much leadership when Carter, Samari, Dyson, and Shulters all left.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I don't know if they'd want to put Carter into the rotation at this point. Useful, yes, but at the risk of what starters? Starks? LaBoy? Not sure about that at this point.

6. Nine

Nine Starter

I think the D-line rotation would probably survive the loss of either Jared Clauss or Bo Schobel. In fact, Carter's ability to wear two hats (DE & DT) would render both Clauss and Schobel expendable, thus freeing up a roster spot that could be used at another position. A #6 WR, for example, or a #3 QB.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

A man with charactor like Kevin Carter was sorely missed last year, in the locker room most of all.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

while I agree with the comment about Carter being missed in the locker room I disagree about his character. He spent his last season as a Titan publically stating that he wanted to retire a Titan - he was one of the first FA sigings in the NFL and took the Fish offer without considering his intentions to retire a Titan at all. Basically I felt he lied to me as a fan for the entire season by giving the impression that he would take less to remain a Titan when in fact he was only looking for the biggest $$$ pile and nothing more.

9. T4Ten

T4Ten Guest

Yeah, I was surprised he didn't retire a Titan as well. I don't know the personal reasons he decided to move on, but if that's the worst anyone can say about him, then you can hardly call into question his charactor.

Kevin proved himself a decent and fine human being in our community while here.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

and a big ol' liar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar