"Kerry is our starter; Kerry is not the problem"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pettso, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

now this is funny.

i don't remember who it was, but there were quite a few posters who used to blame the dropped balls on vince. their reasoning was that they didn't expect the ball to get there, so they were so shocked they'd drop it.

now kerry gets a pass for drops. every qb's wrs drop passes.

2. titanfantilidie

titanfantilidie Starter

Collins is a has-been.PERIOD! Young is a nice guy but not our future We have to recruit a top qb this year TOP!

3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Exactly. I have been thinking the same thing for a couple of weeks.

If KFC and VY are pretty much the same when it comes to passing, that leaves Vince as the better one by reason of his run-threat alone.
    KFC wouldn't stiff-arm a LB for a first down run like Vince did last night.

4. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

As bad as KC has looked so far, I would not say he and VY are pretty much the same in regards to passing. KC has looked bad in spots this year and had a couple atrocious throws against the Jags but by and large he has also shown very good accuracy in stretches on both short and middle-range passes. I don't recall ever seeing a stretch of even 5 or 6 passes from Vince where he was consistently accurate and every throw was on target.

I'm excited to see Vince play soon but my expectations are low. While I do think he accurracy is a little better than it was two years ago, I expect he will probably have at least 1 interception every game. To win with him in I think we really need to keep his pass attempts at 20 or less which means our running game HAS to get on track.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I was going off this season and yes, they pretty much are the same. I could make a better assessment if Vince could play for more than one freakin series though.

In spots? You're being way too generous.

You mean like Collins has?
    Not only our running game needs to get on track, but our playcalling does too.
    You can't. I repeat, you CAN'T freakin call conventional plays for someone like Vince. They don't play to his strengths.
    He needs plays that will expose and exploit 'spies' that opposing defenses will most certainly put on him; CJ (even as a decoy) would be instrumental in exposing spies.

Oh, and let me know whenever you see Kerry run for a first down and stiff arm a linebacker (to the ground) in the process.

6. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

...more like a "never-really-was"

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I have to say, that stiff arm was good. Mawae didn't block any1 on that run. I call stiff arms like that, the "Stiff Arm From Hell"

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I mean I could see Vince doing that to a smaller corner or maybe a safety, but it was a linebacker, and Vince put him all-the-way to the ground. You can't not be impressed by that.
    Plays like that are what break the back of a defense.

9. TitansWillWin1

TitansWillWin1 Camp Fodder

collins is a big problem cause on 3rd and short he always throws a bomb that never is completed and everytime he gets pushed out the pocket he has to throw it away cause he cant throw on the run!!

10. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

thank you !!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar