"Kerry is our starter; Kerry is not the problem"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pettso, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

IMO, the Air Force could do a better job trying to convince the general population that Area 51 doesn't exist, than Fisher is with Titans' fans about anything to do with the team.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

This was as of last night, although it doesn't seem like Vince will start, nothing is concrete yet..

He said the same thing in 06' when we were 0-3 and Vince was a rookie. He could ride this story all week until game time and insert Vince just to keep the Patriots guessing.

3. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Man I hope he watches some replays and gets to hear people yelling We want Vince like I did. How shameful would it be to walk into your stadium and see people with bags on their heads?

Somebody has got to go at the end of this season. Fisher, Dinger, Cecil- all of em. Don't care but something has got to go.

4. jadkins429

jadkins429 Camp Fodder

3 reasons why Kerry is the problem.

I have heard everyone talking about "it's not Kerry" and now I am done listening. Its time to start saying something about it. Kerry Collins is a mediocre QB running on his last leg. Here are my 3 reasons why it's his fault. #1: Last season when our defense was immaculate, it was easy.... I repeat EASY to sit in the pocket and dispense passes to any wide open receiver on the field. With the pocket protection we had last year my 92 year old grandmother could pass a ball. This year cause our line is so undeveloped it shows that "almighty" Kerry is nothing but a two bit QB with a very timid and scared demeanor. Because he can't go 2 step drop and pass to LEAD a receiver away from the defense he is making short or overly long passes. #2 Sure there are dropped passes but like its been said the WR and TE are waiting in their route for the ball and by the time KC throws the defender is already in step with them. #3 Kerry can't handle the ball outside pocket protection. Once outside his walls or protection he is like a little school girl. His awareness stinks just like his ability to lead an offense. Jeff is currently in denial about all of this and just can't come to terms with his bad decision. I am sure many of you will disagree with me, but I can't please all of you.

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Not to beat a dead horse here, but I will....As many others have stated, this team is basically a problem in general. Lack of offense, big plays given up on defense, field changing colors due to all of the penalty flags getting tossed on it, running game blows, passing game blows, etc. etc. etc.

I am not a KC detractor, and do not think that he is THE problem. I do think, however, that we signed him to basically a 1-2 year contract in order to be positioned for a one year (this year) run to the SB. News flash guys....it ain't happening. Now that we have this established it is time to evaluate our options at the skill positions, and VY is one of them (note I would also like to take a serious look at Ringer, Cook, young D folks,and a couple of the lower tier wideouts as well). I wanted the change to VY to occur after the Indy game, but can understand why it would not occur before the bye. However, it needs to happen...get over it, time to play for the draft and 2010.

On a lighter note...profs to Titan Jeff for setting up the chat room. I live in Wisconsin, where football doesn't exist unless it is in a green and gold uniform. It is fun talking Titans Ball again during the game (although it is mainly gallows humor at this point).

6. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

part of it is his fault...hes thrown 7 interceptions in 5 games. he was given great field position in the first half after defense stepped it up (temporarily) and then he only got us 9 points out of it.

we weren't inside the 15 yard line the WHOLE game. Crump didnt help out with the fumble, but to say that Kerry isnt a problem at all would be idiotic.

that last "pass" to Gage should have showed you that hes done

7. willpower

willpower Camp Fodder

Dude we were winning games in 2007...its more like 2006 when we were 0-3 and Kerry got yanked for VY>

8. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Collins was 19-of-32 for 164 yards and no touchdowns against the Colts. His long pass was 23 yards, his quarterback rating 59.9. The Titans settled for three field goals. Collins now has five touchdown passes and seven interceptions this season.

If that's our best option then we are a sad lot indeed.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

"Code Blue" Looks pretty pathetic...These little theme nights don't work when your team is awful, and your fans have given up hope....

Unless you give out something cool. Free Hot dog night would have been a bigger hit. For your consideration...Free Hot Dog Night at LP Field.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we were winning games in 2007 because of our defense. we could afford to go three and out three straight times and still be very much in the game.

the 2009 offense is a spitting image of the 2007 offense, kerry collins at quarterback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar