Kerry Collins - top 10 in 300 yrd games

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BudAdams, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Sure, Collins will fumble and throw INTs - don't think anyone has ever said he was the second coming of Joe Montana...
    BTW can we please get some more Heath Ledger Joker graphics around this place? There just isn't enough...

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

So, uh, what exactly do NFL quarterbacks do then? I guess its safe to say that an offensive guard could be a better blocker then someone, but not a better guard, correct? KC is absolutely the better QB. VY is the better highlight reel, the better chance of running for 85 yards and 3 TDs, but not the better QB by any means.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

If Collins hits CJ on the 20 yard line with a screen and he breaks it then thats 80 yards right there. He can definitely throw for 300 because he's a good enough passer to get in rhythm with his receivers on a given drive and throw for 40-60 yards. We got to witness glimpses of that with Gage (who looked pretty decent) against Cincy. Minus 50 mph wind I think he could absolutely do all right.
    I haven't seen VY in rhythm with his receivers since his rookie year. He had some pretty good games his rookie year, lets not forget about that as we throw him under the bus, but when they don't have to bring that extra safety into the box because he's not running then he just cant throw the ball into the coverage seams.
    BTW sorry for pretty much repeating what Nate posted in my last post, I didn't see it before I responded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar