Kerry Collins To Start Over Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LT21Titans27, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

As long as we trade for Calvin Johnson and put him at corner back
    :yes:
    Im not sure I can read a post by you and not simply burst out laughing

He was realistic, by his own mental boundaries, which are as wide as a tookpick. Youre a Titans fan, but make comments comparable to a Colts fan saying they could use a better #1 qb

"Im for real when I say I can bench more than Keith Bulluck":ha:

I liked it better when you werent here

But really now that we decided to get the jokes out, lets be serious, kickoff is around the corner

2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Werd up....

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Beautiful thread. I seriously dont like people who talk smack on the team. If your a Titans fan then be a Titans fan. If you wanna talk smack on how VY cant pass then go show your true colors and sign up on here.

Texanstalk.com

or

Coltfreaks.com

cuz we dont wanna hear it anymore.

4. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

Its like this for every team

Leftwich haters vs supporters

Carr haters vs supporters

Grossman haters vs supporters

Let them have their opinion...

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Hey, you can be a titans fan and not think that Young is a great QB.

This board is a place for discussion. Criticism and opinion should be welcomed.

Does anyone on this board think that Vince Young doesn't need to improve?
    ANYONE?

If you don't think he has a ways to go, you need to look again. But hey, there's time for improvement.

I, for one, would just ask that both sides calm down and keep things a little more realistic. Critics, make your points, but go somewhere with them. Don't say that Vince Young is bad. Say what is bad that he's doing and what you think could/should be done about it. Homers, take it down a notch. If you don't have a reason to argue a point, don't claim it as truth.

BOTH SIDES, quit talking down to each other. The name calling and bickering has gotten terrible, and EVERYONE needs to work on stopping it. If you don't do it, that's one less person. If someone is making attacks, only respond to their arguments. YOU can make a difference, and it's YOUR responsibility to make this board a better place for discussion.

This thread is an atrocity. It only shows how many examples there are on the board lately of discussion and analysis breaking down into personal attacks at each other-
    Ewkers' quoted thoughts are probably the closest to legit, but he didn't bother making the argument, he just stated its conclusion. (I don't know what thread the quote came from, it's possible he expanded upon the argument elsewhere. If so, apologies to him.)
    TitanFan4Life has apparently been driven insane by the board recently, and is either attempting to make a satirical commentary on the other posters, or has made a drastic change in his feelings about certain parts of the team. Either way, discussion again breaks down because argument is not clear.
    TNThunder has gotten so worked up that his posts are almost entirely made up of hateful comments directed towards others. It's sad, because TNT is a smart poster, and has a valid point to make, but the nature of discussions lately has apparently led to these terrible, overstated positions that just rile up everyone a little more. TNT, you're a better arguer than you have been over the last few days. Maybe you don't feel the need to qualify your statements, but it would help the board overall if you did. This level of anger and disdain is just hurting the board.
    Ryanstitans has gotten upset again because people are being critical. Being critical of your players should be ok here. It's what the coaches do every day. Looking at our squad and talking about what needs to improve is part of the fun of the board. Some people have been too negative on here lately, and focused too hard on the negative. But that doesn't mean that there isn't room for discussion of problems with the team. Ryan, I know that you're aware that the people you're telling to go somewhere else are actually titans fans. Asking them to be more productive with their commentary is more useful than telling them to leave. They have as much of a right to be here as you or I.

I apologize to each of the members I address in the lines immediately above. I merely needed to use your posts as examples, I know that you're all capable of good argument and discussion, which is why I thought it would be acceptable to comment on these examples directly. Please, don't take offense, it's not intended to be personal, but to address the problems that are coming from many, many people over the last few days/weeks.

It's been a long, boring summer. But it's football time in Tennessee, so let's bring this board up to a higher standard again.

If you have critical thoughts about parts of this team, please, feel free to express them. But try to show the reasoning behind your statements, and please, tell the board what you think the solution is. If you're just blowing off steam, that's fine, but it's more interesting to try and look for a solution to the real problems this team has. Example. Young's not an accurate passer. Do you think he will improve over time? Needs better WRs? A different offensive scheme? Or do we need a different QB? If you have a problem with the team, point to a solution, or at least ask others for their opinions on how to find a solution. We're titans fans, we want the team to succeed, so shouldn't discussions about the teams' problems end up going somewhere positive?

If you don't have the time to write a well thought out post, don't write one at all right then. If you're feeling too emotional and can't help arguing personally with someone else, then don't post. There are many posters here with varying histories of conflict with other posters. Some are new, some have been going on for years. But everyone, try to cut down on the personal conflicts. The snide comments about people's intellect don't get you anywhere. Make a better argument rather than insult, you'll look better that way. Isn't that what you want?

It's more difficult to post a stronger argument. But it's better for everyone involved. I, for one, am ready for a better board, and I'm ready to commit to being a part of making it better myself.

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

7. TitanFan4Life

TitanFan4Life Stronger Than K-Bulluck

Bingo. My feeling for the team haven't changed at all, I am still one of the biggest supporters and critics of this team on this forum, however there is no place in my mind that thinks it would be a wise choice to play Vince at runningback.

He is this teams future and I don't care if his throwing mechanics aren't 100% sound, I would rather have no other QB in the league at the helm. He has the intangibles to win games that literally no other QB has. He is the reason that there are so many people walking around PENNSYLVANIA wearing #10 carolina blue jerseys who aren't even TITAN FANS. He is just an inspiration to everyone everywhere. As everyone knows he has been compared to Jordan, and rightfully so.

I just get so sick and tired of reading ridiculous thread after thread day in and day out. There was so much negativity it was driving me crazy so I decided to make an absolutely retarded thread and hope that some of the more intelligent members of the board (Gotitans3801, mdfan, TitanJeff) would pick up on the sarcasm and have a good laugh.

I didn't think that anyone would take it seriously and half expected for it to be deleted, but instead it took off. Getting around 50 posts in a couple hours.. pretty much unheard of.

The thread caught on fire and people rather than realizing that I couldn't have been seriously resorted to petty name calling and bashing.

And let me tell you, calling me names in a message board really hurt my feelings guys. I am going to heed 3801's advice and just let it slide so it doesn't escalate, but seriously, everyone should just knock that crap off.

I'm not going to run through everything that Gotitans3801 said in this last thread, but I think it was one of the best posts made in a long time.

TitanJeff should sticky that ****.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I think that's your best post to date TF4L.

Unfortunately your still labeled with that stronger than #53 hilarity. I'd say it's because of that why people didn't pick up on your sarcasm. It's all gravy.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

TF4L is a good poster. Sense of humor is lost on some posters here unfortunately.

And the poster above is right, the bickering needs to stop. There's a difference between a healthy intellectual argument and shouting matches with name-calling. It's immature and makes both parties looks stupid.

10. I think that all will be fine once the season is underway. This happened last year as people debated who should and shouldn't be starting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar