Kerry Collins' Legacy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

We're talking about a possible QB legacy for the Titans. How can Vince not be a part of this conversation?

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

You could be right, depending on how said Super Bowl went,
    But I tend to disagree with you. Collins has been pretty good at times, and we're generally not squeaking by opponents. Sure, KC has benefitted greatly from our Defense and running game, but the offense has been better than it's been in a long time, and Collins is a large part of it. He's in no way comparable to a Brady or Manning, but he has been good, for the most part, this year.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Just use the ignore feature on him. It's a great device for posters that annoy you. You don't have to get all mad and call him a douche and ask why he posts here, everyone has a right to post what they want within forum rules, whether it annoys you or not. This site does not belong to any one person.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Because he hasn't done anything yet?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

NO we're not.

We are trying to talk about Kerry Collins' legacy.

That being one, as a Titan, should he win SB mvp, would he be held in higher regard than MAC9 as the greatest qb, to date, of the modern Titans era. I have excluded Warren Moon or any other Oilers exclusive signal caller from this conversation.

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Oh, and to answer the OP's question..., No, Kerry Collins does not deserve to be a legacy. He inherited a ridiculously good defense and O-Line.

and just wait till next year, here it is, i'm callin it. Vince Young wins 7 Superbowls in a row crushing any legacy that this has been KFC ever thought he deserved...*insert Chuck Norris joke here* Heard it here first, just remember that.

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

what, man u crazy. we should ban this guy, he doesn't think vince has done anything yet. um, u sir, are a negative nancy, i'm ignorin this guy, i can't handle da truf

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

So did Vince and Collins beat him out for the starting job.

Yea lets see Young had a 10-6 record last year and bounced in the first round in the playoffs, I believe we had the worst passing offense in the league last year and he lost his job at the start of the year. In the grand scheme of things Young hasn't done anything other than be a footnote.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I wouldn't know, that ignore feature is working great for me...:ha:

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Dammit Steve, it's pretty hard to ignore a bunch of mother ****ers getting pissed about him attempting to hijack the thread. I'm trying to raise the topic of a possible Collins accomplishment and how it weighs against all MAC9 did and he's injecting a green back-up with high draft status into the conversation. I've held my silence in the past as he's done it a trillion times and it just so happens he's doing that gay **** in a topic I am raising. This thread is barely off the ground, it's a good topic and it has absolutely nothing to do with Vince Young in any form or fashion.

Also, if you read his posts it's OBVIOUS he has no idea what a legacy is.

It's a thing! Not a person. This is not a frat house!

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar