Kerry Collins coming in for a visit...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DynamoSupremo, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

I dont think its a bad move if they can get him for cheap. But Floyd defiantly needs to bring in a DE, DT and a OL.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Nothing fixes a transmission better than a new gear shift knob.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What I am hoping is that Collins is now willing to accept a backup role and the team realizes Young needs to hold a clip board. Then, next season, the Titans will have a vet QB to back up Young.

Sort of ironic as that was likely the original plan with McNair who came out of the same draft class.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

If Floyd and Fisher are so blind they can't see our offensive problems are a result of poor play by the line, not bad QB play, they both need to go!

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Best analogy ever!!

6. TitanJeff

Agreed. Unless they think Volek is part of the sync problem. I did think he was late on a few passes and missed some open receivers Saturday night. Of course, that's easy for me to say from my seat where I can the open receiver without a 310 DE in my face.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well he did hit wide open players, just Pillar thought he'd be an *** and hold someone.

8. TitanJeff

If this is true, the Titans may have wanted Collins for a long time but he was unwilling to accept a backup role until recently. Or, they are not as confident in Young's development during the preseason.

I don't see him replacing Volek as the #1.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Or a 320 pound OG who is backing into you because his man is knocking him into the back field on every play.

With any offense and Chow's in particular we have to have success running the ball to slow down the rush and allow us to play action pass. Running the ball better also keeps us out of 3rd and long situations. The OL is obviously the problem with the run game.

10. TitanJeff

Maybe they are disguising the pull blocking plays by taking two steps back on every snap?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar