Kerry Collins coming in for a visit...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DynamoSupremo, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DynamoSupremo

DynamoSupremo F-Back

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060827/SPORTS01/60827008/1027

"Less than two weeks before the start of the regular season, the Titans are preparing to add another quarterback to the mix in veteran Kerry Collins.

Dialogue between the two sides heated up over the weekend, and plans were being made on Sunday for Collins to visit Baptist Sports Park in the coming days to take a physical, according to sources familiar with talks between the two sides."

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Channel 2 just announced that also

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

You guys aren't serious are you. I'd rather die with Volek at the helm than Collins.

4. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

I agree , A big waste of money, Heck if Volek isnt cutting it start Vince and let him find his way in '06. WE NEED LINEMEN ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL , NOT Q.B.'S !

5. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

If they sign him everyone will be highly pissed... I agree with twoseven, that money should be used on linemen not another QB. We have our future in Vince, we should have just kept AIR Mac for christ sakes. Him and Vince are like father and son.

6. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Kerry Collins has been with 20 other teams for a reason.

WE DON'T WANT HIM!

7. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

He really isn't that good....No, just kidding he out rights sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

So the way I read this is we need A: an offensibe Coord. B: A defensive Coord. and C: a GM....Not looking good so far.

9. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

Horrible call, whats the point we need Lineman, is it to bring him in as a flanker, in case Volek gets hurt throw collins in so we dont risk getting vince banged up?? add some protection and Our QB's may have a fighting chance.. With all of our areas that need attention QB isn't my main concern, If Volek has time in the pocket he can make the throws, If Vince has time and most times even if he doesn't he can make the play, Lets get some lineman who can open holes for our non-existant running game and open the passing game with that... Collins is a flop and I agree with the earlier post, I'd rather go down with Volek then Fight to stay alive with Collins...
    bad call

10. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I sounds like a panic move to me. I'd be alright with it if he can pass for a TD. Volek looks god awful and Vince isn't ready. We need to do something cause it ain't working like it is... Maybe it'll give BV some extra motivation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar