Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

kerney or thomas

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Casey
    Moolah:
    $6,815
    which one would ya prfer :

Kerney - is a solid DE but is comin off a serious injury to the most importat part of a DE...knee...the burst is everything. however, he is a pure DE and opposite KVB they could do some serious damage together. but also his sack numbers have gone down a bit but it think...while watching him...he still looks really good out there...(but yeah like i said he got injured)

thomas - surprisingly he is younger then kerney...always thought he was older. anyway also he isnt a pure DE but could perhaps make the switch and could even help at LB if we need so. his numbers have been really impressive over the past couple of yrs....but the only question is can he make the switch to DE b/c we need a good rusher opp KVB (he is also of perfect size for a DE too @ 270 w/ a 6-2 frame and also w/ that speed....) although, note that he is playing on the best D in the nfl...and might be not as good as he seems.

in my opinion i think we ought to pursue thomas....he is coming off a big yr and is not on the downfall...still young enough to last...and old enough to teach...not a big mouth player too. i think at that size w/ that speed he is a perfect mold for DE and could compliment KVB power rushing .
    • Tip Jar Donor

Childress79 Loungefly ®

George
    Moolah:
    $638
    Kerney is coming off a torn chest muscle, not a knee.

I'd like them both but forced to choose between the two it would be Thomas,he's more versatile & has less miles on the clock.
  2. titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Casey
    Moolah:
    $6,815
    lol..haha my bad...ur right it was his pec muscle
  3. Sledge Guest

Thomas will be franchised, fohget about him
  4. BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Moolah:
    $2
    I think that Kerney would be the better fit. Both will allow us to actually generate a pass rush every now and then, but I think that we need a pure defensive end which is what Kerney is. Thomas is a playmaker, but his main position is linebacker, and I think that we're pretty much set there.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,035
    He hasn't been franchised.
  5. LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Moolah:
    $0
  6. GLinks Titans on the Rise

Moolah:
    $681
    Thomas would be my choice. He would solve a couple of issues at once, I believe.
  7. Nine Starter

Moolah:
    $20
    Too late....the deadline to tag players was Thursday afternoon. The Ravens didn't do it.

In a few days, Adalius Thomas is going to become a very rich man, indeed.
  8. Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Kearse
    Moolah:
    $68
    Kerney. Great fit here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.