Ken's Playcalling - Slow!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Throughout the preseason, and from what I remember last year, I feel that our QB (regardless who it is) doesn't get a lot of time at the line and is always against the clock.

I really think Ken is very slow on deciding what play to run and getting it to the QB. He needs to decide on this much faster in order to give the O time to set up and make the necessary adjustments.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I misinterpreting what's going on?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Sounds about right actually, I've always thought he was a good play caller until he came to TN. Now IDK WTF he's up to, seems like he's always fighting the play clock and losing

3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Seemed like something was going on in the KC game. One delay of game penalty and I remember several times the ball being snapped just in time.

Qbs like Peyton Manning/ Brady/ Rodgers etc... seem to stand there making adjustments for ever before the ball is snapped.

I don't know a lot about the inner working of coaches communicating plays etc, but there's something different about how fast it's done for some teams it seems.

4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Wasn't he offensive coordinator on a Superbowl team? Of course everyone we THINK is good and has been good in the past end up being trash in TN. Lol. The Titans curse...

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

It's preseason.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Not only that but I think it's also because we change personnel groupings on EVERY play. I was definitely yelling at the TV as the clock was going down on at least 5 occasions in the first half, Whiz needs to get his sh it straight

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Ranked 14th last season so were middle of the pack. The game last night, Mariota was making calls and changes and there were miscommunications. (On the delay, a few linemen had their hands in the air wondering something )

Dont think itll be an issie.

8. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

When we go incomplete on 1st down , it seems like we run on 2nd down every time and don't get squat. Predictable.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Low variance. Not fun to watch but actually more effective if you do it consistently and control the clock correctly.

I'll explain it in the form of Madden. How many people LOVE to run no huddle in the game? Me too. If I'm having a fun time I'm not worried about running down the clock or even using it strategically.

If I'm playing a one on one game against one of my buddies (and I don't like to lose) - I'm a stingy ******* who will lull the guy to sleep and completely piss him off by running a no huddle and sit at the line for 20-30 seconds - making adjustments or just waiting. I run the ball more often than not. My TOP is 2-1. They see the clock tick away every play wondering when the F they gonna get the ball..

Then, they start hurrying because they feel they have to catch up because they know I'm going to wait them into a casket. Certain defenses are designed to control the passing. Let them go ham for a couple plays and then shut them down once you find their balance/attack.

Then as long as you can stop them once or even just a FG, you kill more clock and continue the constrictor style game strategy that puts them in a corner. Forces their hand to be one deminsional and easy to defend.

I don't have to go out and throw for 300 yards. I just have to control the clock and run a low variance high efficiency offense predicated on the run.

10. Titan Yapper

Titan Yapper Only ONE Team Matters - TN Titans

Really 3rd preseason game. Hes a bad play caller. Got to have someone execute and Mariota can do that. Guarantee he looks much better as play caller this year because someone can actually get the ball to people in tight spots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar