Kenny Britt update

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Msut10, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettso

pettso Starter

I give him a 10% chance of being as good as he was before he got hurt. Maybe in 2013, not next year though.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Why? because of Derrick Morgan and Donnie Avery?

Well keep this in mind; the reason Derrick Morgan struggled to regain his pre-injury form is because he's using his legs to drive 300+lb linemen back, all Kenny is doing is running routes and protecting himself. And IMO Derrick was rushed back. Kenny will have the time he needs.

Donnie Avery had the same injury, and the reason he wasn't any good was cause he couldn't master the playbook.

3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Medical research agrees with me. - And this is an old article, recent research has the same conclusion.
    http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-241-287--7001-0,00.html

Stretching preventing injuries is a myth and has never been documented by medical research.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

You know how I know you've never played sports competitively?

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

When you warm up (stretch), you gain an increase in range of motion. That's been proven. This varies by each person since no one persons biology is exactly the same as the next. So maybe the word "stretch" isn't the right word to use, but by warming up and constantly working your muscles (hamstrings), you do in fact reduce the risk of injury.

Ever notice Kenny gallops when he runs? That's cause he's stiff, and as he runs, his muscles get tired sooner. When theres no blood in his hamstrings, he cramps up. By stretching, warming up or whatever we're calling it, he gets those muscles better conditioned to do what we need him to do.

6. pettso

pettso Starter

There are plenty of examples of players that came back after injuries and weren't the same for a while - especially WR/RB where your knees take a lot of pressure routinely. It's often a mental thing. There were plenty of reports of Palmer talking to Avery, telling him he needs to trust his knees. Not sure about Morgan, it's hard to tell if he always sucked or if it was remnants of his injury. We'll find out this year.

What Kenny does or says will not change my opinion of whether he'll be ready to play at a high level in 2012. I always thought it would take him at least half of the 2012 season to get back to form - if he didn't get hurt or have any issues off the field. The latter seems less likely as he's sticking around in Nashville.

7. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

That article says in running. Which is completly intuitive.

Running isn't explosive (even sprinting). You can literally strech (on the run) which is probably even more effective.

The body is desinged to run.

It isn't designed to wrestle, fight, hit, throw, climb, dive, etc.

Trust me on this one; I had to get surgery to reattach my hamstring in highschool. Didn't strech before practice.

8. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

then why do they stretch nearly an hour before every game/practice?? to look good?

9. Smash

To increase your flexibility.

10. Smash

Because I've never bragged about it? - Or because I'm stronger than Keith Bulluck?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar