Kenny Britt Recovery

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cozmicfool, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He just wont be doing much for 2 weeks, but after that back to working out and rehabbing.

2. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

With the scope, he'll just be on the shelf for another 2 weeks, then he will continue his rehab.

What you guys keep failing to comprehend as we keep talking about his 16 sec 100m, is that it doesn't matter that his top end speed is nowhere close to being there, the bigger concern and the argument some of you are trying to make is that it's all about agility and quickness. You do realize that if Kenny isn't even firing at a 12-13 sec 100m, there's no way his knee/quad/calf is showing any of the strength and quick-twitch that he will need to be a mediocre WR.

So yes, Kenny is not a blazer, YES the 16 sec 100m concerns me, and YES this does raise serious red flags about his rehab INTO MONTH 8!!!!!:banned: If he can't run straight at least 90% in month 8, he's WAY behind.

4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

wow.. ignorance on this board is unbelievably funny...
    with this sort of injury, he shouldnt even be able to play this year at all...
    and seriously, if he's happy about this speed we should be too.. Munch has no concerns about it, the doctors dont either, so why are we, the fans, getting so bent out of shape over it... relax, and lets watch him come back for the first game like all the experts are saying he would... keep in mind, he didnt have a camp last year either..

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Exactly.

I'm more concerned about him STAYING on the field than him GETTING on the field anyway. I hope he doesn't rush it.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I also get a good laugh at people panicking over a 16 second 100-yard dash 7 months after his knee was put back together.

I'm thrilled to know he's running.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I hardly think it's ignorant to see this scenario as a bad deal.
    There's no weight to your comment.
    This guy can never get on the field.
    You think Munch is gonna act panicked? LOL... He wasn't panicked about CJ all last season. either..

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I don't know who you guys are calling out as ignorant or panicking.....I'm just speaking from experience, I've had total reconstruction of ACL,MCL, PCL and a Menisectomy as well as Microfracture surgery on the same knee. I also happen to work in Orthopaedics and Dr James Andrews is a design surgeon for us and do knee replacements and reconstructions 5-7 times each week. So, I kind of know what the timetables are, especially for super athletes(shorter). Kenny should've been jogging 7-8 weeks after the surgery at a worst case scenario.

I don't take solace in hearing that someone's rehab is behind schedule, especially a guy who likes to miss games because he can't stretch his hamstrings, even if it was a traumatic injury.

The fact of the matter is, it has been said that it takes until the 2nd "playing" year after an ACL until the player is thought to be "back to normal". That doesn't mean that the player can't physically come back withing 6-9 months and produce at a very high level. It all depends on the rehab and perseverance of the player. Let me remind you, Wes Welker blew his knee out in the final regular season game 2 years ago, didn't miss a beat, not a single snap or training camp practice the following summer. That was just over 8 months later. Kenny can't even run a 15 second 100m at the same post-op date to give you comparison.

Panicking? Ignorant? No, just disappointed and concerned.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Guys, it is not even the end of May right now. This sounds like it will set him back a few weeks but he still has a few more months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar