Kenny Britt Recovery

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cozmicfool, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

The biggest thing is not to rush him. Yes we all want him back because he makes us into a different team, but our window is not open. The most important thing that can happen is for him to wait until that knee is 100%. I would rather him come back NEXT year at 100%, than to come back this year, dominate a few games and end his career.

Patience is a virtue with these kinds of injuries. We do not want another David Givens or Tyrone Calico, especially since we KNOW Britt is a machine out there on the field.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

im confident he'll be back by the first two games... he'll probably start off slow and then explode within the next two games after that..

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It's all about Kendall Wright now

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I'd say that Kenny Britt is right on schedule; the problem is that the scheduled recovery time for a player who tears an ACL is about two years. Much like I and many other posters said about Morgan last season anything we get out of Kenny Britt early in the year will be a bonus.

In fact if I'm the Titans I wouldn't push Britt all that hard in training camp and preseason. I would let him focus on recovering and play him sporadically during the first 4 or so games in the season then carefully increase his playing time throughout the season. The last 4 or so weeks is when we will really see a healthy and dominate Kenny Britt anyway; if we make the playoffs then he will be a huge factor.

The first half of our season we will need Cook, Washington, Wright, and Johnson to step up until Britt is ready to go at 100%

5. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

look at Derrick Rose... he might sit out the whole season next year...
    Just having Britt to play especially during the first games of the season is icing..
    i really think that's what happened to Britt last season... he came off of injury and we rushed him in wayy too fast because we were desperate... the shortened offseason made it hard for Hass to get it to anyone and he had to depend on Britt's athleticism to move the ball..
    the man is well ahead of schedule... seriously.. panic button... get off it..

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Who's panicking?

I said Britt shouldn't push himself in the first few games of the season and slowly increase his playing time until he is back at 100%. I also said that he will be at 100% for the last quarter of the season/playoffs.

Where's the panic???

EDIT:: Britt took a helmet to the knee. I doubt him being "rushed back" had anything to do with that.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

False. It was a non-contact injury. Such a dumb play and a freak accident like what happened with Derrick Rose.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

It wasn't non contact, I was thinking the same but I looked it up on youtue a few days ago. For whatever reason I seem to remember it as non contact.

9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

He takes a helmet to the knee, but that's not where he was hurt. RSB is right.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GotH0tM6Z8"]Kenny Britt's Disappearing Knee: In Memoriam - YouTube[/ame]

???

I think it is safe to assume that the hit caused it.

edit- ok it may not have been the actual hit, but it causing him to move at an unnatural angle probably did. I would not go so far as to say it was non contact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar