Kenny Britt has More Knee Problems

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jul 17, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. No

42 vote(s)
    84.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

As much as I hate to say it, I think the Titans have lost faith that Britt will ever be the elite weapon they need in the passing game.

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Yeah because players who tear the ACL never come back or become elite again. Tell that to Wes Welker, or david west, or al jefferson.....there are plenty of athletes who tear their acl and still come back and dominate.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

As much as I hate to agree with Alex, because I want Britt to be that weapon......but you listed one football player. The majority of NFL players that suffer an injury like that are usually never the same.

Britt may be an exception because he is young and in amazing shape, but Wes Welker does not erase what that injury does to players historically.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

http://www.empowereddoctor.com/acl-injuries-with-nfl-players-orthopedics
    Perhaps the most concerning stat is that one fifth--21 percent--of the injured players never played another NFL game. "The predominant thinking when 31 head NFL team physicians were interviewed, is that 90 to 100 percent of players, presuming not borderline talent, return to the NFL," states Dr. Carey. Of those who did return, it took 9 to to 12 months to get back on the field.

A whole lot goes into the recovery, both mental and physically. The evidence is certainly there.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I also just found out that Hines Ward has no ACL and Brian Westbrook has no PCL. weird:eek:

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Britt has had multiple surgeries on two knees. There are plenty of players whose career has been finished by knee injuries.

But thanks for stating the obvious. ROLL-MY-F'N-EYES until the cool smilies return

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm not trying to compare my life to Kenny's, but like Alex said, "there are plenty of players whose careers has been finished by knee injuries", some never even really get started.

With NFL doctors I believe Kenny will recover, but injuries like his can be life changing/ career ending. We've seen it happen plenty of times.

8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Theres a different between surgeries and arthoscopic, trust me I know I've had them both done. An arthoscopic surgery, which he has had done on his left and right, is not a big deal and only takes a month to fully recover for an average joe like me. So I'm sure that these 2 surgeries will not affect him that badly.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I don't think the real issue is the surgeries he's had.

The issue is- he can't seem to stay out from under the knife. So even if it's not the injuries he's had that will end his career- are we really expecting him to stay healthy even if he does recover from these?

I've given up on him. Sucks because he could have been top 3-5 in the league... but this is our luck.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

C'Mon Kenny get healthy!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar