Kenny Britt behind Hawkins on the depth Chart.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

Yeah really............

Should I just put the paper bag on now or wait till' the season starts?

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

[​IMG]

My question is this-

If Kenny Britt looked like that while playing for free at Rutgers, but Fisher can't motivate the guy to be in shape NOW... who's really at fault here?
    We saw the same thing with Lendale. Pete Carol seemed to have no problem getting Lendale to work and stay in shape. Yet Fisher apparently made the guy lose all work ethic?

Is Jeff Fisher not only a crap strategist, but also a crap motivator? Sure seems that way. Hopefully his clock was ticking last year and someone's actually watching that clock... can't have much time left with him consistently failing in every area of the team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

There's no if. Sometimes it just happens. Derrick Mason?

I know this, Heimerdinger is a hell of a QB and WR coach. Any of our receivers have a chance.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Being dropped when Washington returned after playing well. Got to be a tough thing to handle mentally for a rookie.

In college he's used to performing being rewarded with a starting spot.

Fishbag is a special kind of idiot.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Hawkins just has the case of bubble guts when on the field. i think he is overwhelmed to actually be playing at the NFL level. i hope he gets over it. if not, Dominique Edison is next on the list and he showed good skills in preseason with VY.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^As if Jeff Fisher watches who does well in the preseason. *cough* Jared Cook *cough*

7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Maybe it has something to do with them getting their paychecks? Something like the Haynesworth situation?

8. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

They get time off and think they have made it and can relax. In college, you've got guys riding you all the time. Plus, your teammates are always around you, so there is some peer pressure to stay with the program. In the NFL, players leave and have no one around them. So they develop bad habits, especially those who aren't great self-motivators. It's similar to the reason why so many decent HS students end up failing out of college. Without the constant structure, they don't know what to do and they end up wasting their free time.

Lendale had the same thing. But blaming Fisher for that is silly. Lendale showed up to the Combine with man *******. How can you blame Fisher for that? And as soon as Lendale went to Seattle they cut him. Why couldn't Carroll motivate him then? Had Fish ruined him? No. Marijuana and a bad attitude ruined Lendale.

Right now Fish is teaching Britt a lesson about professional responsibility. Let's hope it takes.

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Hawkins has a ton or more upside than gage. In my perfect world our starters would be britt wash and hawk. All he has to do is catch the ball more than twice every three games and he will instanntly surpass gage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar