Kendall Wright

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Yes it is very reasonable if you think about it. He is quick/shifty enough to juke people to get extra yards after the catch. But he doesn't have straight away speed to beat people deep.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You don't need straight ahead speed to beat people deep. Football is very rarely played in a straight line. I'd like to see him on double moves and digs to use his quickness to get open.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Neither did Derrick Mason but he somehow double moved guys out of his way and caught lots of deep balls.

4. TitansWillWin2

The longer the route the more time the corner has for recovery. If Wright beats him off the line by the time he is deep enough down the field the corner has already caught up. That's why we never see him catch a deep pass. He was able to in college b/c he was faster than the majority of corners. Not in the NFL. It's ok though b/c he doesnt have to be our deep guy. We already have washington and Hunter for that.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Was creation of this thread part of the deal?

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He's on pace for 94 catches and 1,056 yards. I wish he was getting TDs, but that might be the best we've had as the Titans.

I definitely don't remember anyone catching 94 passes in a season. Maybe Mason did it, but I don't think so.

7. TitansWillWin2

Still not a very good average but I would be pleased with this. He will be a solid #2 WR for us for many years!

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It's a great average considering he's making the catches within 3 yards of scrimmage pretty much every time.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

KW is money and I love the guy, best WR on the team barre none (and I love Nate's work ethic and clutch performances the last few yew years) but KW has a chance to be a Wes Welker type game changer, not that we have the QB to actually turn him into that kind of player but even with the mediocre QB play he has been dealt in TN he has looked pretty damn awesome at times.

10. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

I remember when we drafted him it was rumored the patriots were targeting him. I didn't think much about it at the time, but in hindsight it makes sense. They were probably looking at him to replace Welker. I can see a lot of similarities. It would be interesting to see what kind of production he would have had in New Englands offense. There is no mistaking the guys talent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar