KENDALL WRIGHT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JR1980, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

First round pick.... 1st round. Not #1

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I really like Kendall, and I think we see a lot of improvement in his game this year. WR is a position that is hard to contribute a lot as a rookie, but Kendall came in and contributed right away. So I think we see a vast improvement going into year 2.

I think Kendall will be in the mold of Dmase ... A lot better player than the media ever gives him credit for, but as long as us Titan fans know it then who cares. This is a guy that I can see having around ~100 catches and ~1000 for us (maybe not this year, but within the next couple years) on a consistent basis, but get overlooked by the media and not go to a ton of pro-bowls because he isn't 'elite'. But he will be a vital part of our offense (ala welker, Mason, etc.)

I just hope KB gets his head on straight and Hunter can also become that 'elite' WR that people seem to think he can be ... that would just be a scary combination of WRs.

3. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Honestly, there should be ZERO hate for Kendall. He was second overall of rookie receivers; behind only Justin Blackmon. And he did it all with a sub par QB, and an awfull O line. He will out do Blackmon this year too (count on it) partially because Blackmon won't be on the field for 4 games. Kendall is for real.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree. If Hunter pans out, can you imagine a healthy and focused KB, with Wright and Hunter?!!! Mismatch issues for defenses right there. I am really excited to see the Titans play this year.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't get the Kendall hate at all. Most consistent WR we've had in a while and he was a rookie. Best rookie wideout in the league last year while being on a bad offense. In a more consistent, coherent offense he'll be better.

Like a lot of other posters have said, I don't know if I see greatness in his future, but a guy who can get you 800-950 yards a season and 5-8 touchdowns? I'll take that.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

This is accurate. But you didn't say for the Titans!

NEENER!!!:bliss:

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I see Wright in the slot this year with Hunter starting out wide with Britt. Locker is going to need a guy to check down/safety guy and I think that's going to be Wright. He'll probably lead the team in receptions this year. Nate's numbers will probably take a big dip, Hunter is going to be our deep threat which means he'll either have a great game or be almost non existent on the stat sheet, and Britt gets everything else. Walker will snag his far share and everyone else fights for scraps.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Don't get the Kendall hate either he was very solid in his rookie year.I predict he will be a solid receiver here for many years.Only this time around i hope we don't do him like we did Mason and trade/cut him just because he has a contract due.Mason played six or seven more years after he left us.

Now that i think about it thats the only thing i don't really like about the brass here because they always let someone go than pay them.Derrick Mason and Cortland Finnegan are two examples.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Wrights average is lower than many would like, but considering he was our run game for several weeks it explains the low average per catch. Even with all that he still led rookies in catches so all in all a solid rookie season.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Splitting hairs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar