Kendall Wright...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Oct 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Did you see the San Diego game? He was running for his life. The only reason we don't lead the league in sacks allowed is because our QB runs a 4.5. Or used to. We have the worst run game in the league, fewest rushing attempts, and an injured QB. That's all indicative of a terrible offensive line.

Young QBs need protection more then anything. The game needs to slow down for a QB to succeed, and that doesn't happen when defenders break through on so many plays. And your second paragraph goes right back to my original point...we can't draft.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Hey, guys get beat, it happens. But I think Locker gets enough time in the pocket on most plays. Teams will blitz him, its what they do to young running QBs. Part of this is on Locker to notice it and make them pay.

And I disagree with our drafting. Its still very early, but I think these are two of the better drafts we have had since we have moved to TN.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Who stands out as a good player from any draft in the past 5 years? Name just a couple. Everyone is constantly injured or under performing.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You say look at the Chargers game as an example of poor pass protection. I say look at the Lions game to see perfect pass protection. 42 pass attempts with 0 sacks and 1 QB hit.

I think the pass protection has been good overall.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I find no coincidence in the fact the game our oline actually gave Jake time to pass he had his best game ever and we won our only game of the season. Better OLine=more games like that one. Goes to show that when we have protection, we have more then enough offense to win games.

6. Fry

Really? It wasn't the 21 points from the defense and special teams?

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Obviously that was huge. Whats your point? Our offense was more or less efficient. We extended drives in that game. That's all I'm saying. When your defense isn't on the field constantly they have the capacity to make plays. When they're gassed by halftime we lose by 20+. We have the LOWEST time of possession in the NFL. That's on the offensive line. Can't run on first down, can't pass on third down.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am talking about the last two and no more.

Last year our first 4 picks had 3 starters and a QB that is now starting, not to mention Klug and Campbell. Jury is still out for this years.

If you have to go into later drafts......

Damien Williams- nice depth guy, makes some nice catches
    Verner
    Mariani
    Cook
    McCourty
    (maybe Britt, I personally do not count him)
    CJ
    Jason Jones
    Craig Stevens(good for what he is)

our drafting is much improved over the last two years.

9. Fry

This post is the ultimate example of perception vs reality.

No we didn't. That game was won because of big plays. A 60 yard pass to Cook and a 71 yard pass to Washington were the only point the offense put on the board. Everything else was defense and special teams.

Total time of possession that game? Titans: 27:49. Lions: 40:36.

10. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

How come we never blitz anybody?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar