Kendall Wright says Baylor had NO playbook

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

This has to be one of the most STUPID post I have ever seen in this forum calling a guy dumb and then call another guy smart just because of an interview is dumb and trust me I know dumb.

I get it when People call out Cook because of his blocking or even the fumbles but to call him dumb for no reason is stupid.He did not played under Fisher because of the blocking it had nothing to do with his brain.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't think "learning the playbook" is totally an intelligence thing. For Cook, at least part of the issue is/was confidence. If he comes out and does something right, he is going to have a big game.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

The man memorized 300+ plays at Baylor... he'll be alright.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

This is a big fat nothingburger to me...he is a WR, not a QB, and I am sure he will adjust.

I do not expect him to start out of the gate anyway....

5. costarica2

Every year we see reports in preseason about how Hawk(the WR)has problems reading the playbook and last year he had a good year with a new coach and no Mini camp or preseason if Hawk did it then I bet Wright will do it too especially with time.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I give a lot of credit to Dave Ragone, former QB turned WR Coach. The guy gets football, and seems to understand the simplest concepts that it's not what the coaches know, but what the players know. Fish face and most of his goons never got this. Washburn and Munchak were good, but after them, garbage assistant coaches.

Palmer and Ragone work so far. Even if you dislike Palmer and his play calling, he brings Ragone with him, and last year our WR's were great. Few bad moments, but mostly good. And good for a WR in TN = great, cause normally they're down field blockers.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I think the fact that it's a read option based offense where the WR and the QB have to both read the same thing consistently, makes it very difficult for the players to always be on the same page the first year in the scheme.

Add to the fact that there was literally next to no off season for the players and how it seemed to turn out for us... I would be surprised if we didn't make a few strides this year with training camp, extra time with the offensive scheme, everything.

Another thing, Jerry grey played a very base defense last year because of so many rookies on the field and limited time to learn everything, again I expect this year to be more complex and build from last year.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Some of you are really starting to look clueless. Cook had 49 catches for 759 yards last year (14th among TEs and one of the tops at YPC). The offense by design spread the catches around. Even Hawkins had almost 50 catches. The offense is built around the QB making reads at the LOS so this concept that Hass is sitting back there looking for the guy who has his man beat is in error. Most of the throws are actually determined at the LOS. All the players had some issues at times particularly early in the year. We were running a new system and didn't have OTAs to help get things refined early. But Cook was one of the least of our problems. His only issue IMO is being able to block. Now he is in the last year of his contract so it makes sense the team might hedge themselves if he doesn't stay on the team. But I see them wanting to get Cook more in the mix than less. What does it take for this guy to please people. Does he have to get 1000 yards (only needs a few hundred more to do that)? Imagine the impact this guy could have with Britt and Wright out there occupying Ss deep. I think drafting Thompson had more to do with what they liked about Cook and having a weapon at TE rather than a guy that just catches dinks and dunks. They would love to always have that kind of guy out there.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

No kidding. Reading these posts is getting ridiculous. Kind of like someone memorizing 300 songs on an instrument and because the guy didn't use sheet music to play he must be a dunce or something. Yea the guy will be OK. I think he will be better than OK.

10. costarica2

+10000

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar