Training Camp Kendall Wright gives Titans a scare

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans got a scare in practice on Sunday when first round pick Kendall Wright went down following a collision.

Wright’s left knee was looked at by trainers as he stayed on the field for several minutes.

Wright was injured when he collided with cornerback Tommie Campbell as he went up for a Jake Locker pass.

Wright eventually returned to the practice field.

Source: Titans Insider

2. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

• Jeff get rid of these news feed accounts. let real people post this.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What difference does it make?

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

a lot, these threads dont get much response. compared to a real poster with opinions.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Guys, we're not getting rid of the feeds. If they don't get a lot of response, then they don't get a lot of response.

Someone else reported that Wright was down earlier in another thread. However, Wyatt hadn't tweeted how it happened or that he was back practicing.

Are you saying you'd prefer someone else find this article and post it? I don't see why that's any better. If anything, it means the news gets here later. If someone posts news followed by an article, then I merge it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Preditan

Preditan --- --- --- --- Staff

Phew, that was a scary moment for the trainers, especially with all these players in the NFL having season-ending injuries from training camp this year.

7. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Leave the feeds. I don't understand the logic of getting rid of them. I guess it's hard to please everyone all the time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Preditan

Preditan --- --- --- --- Staff

agreed

9. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

if it's important, someone will post it. i just think all the news feeds pile up the 1st page and pushes better threads down. these will be really annoying during the season when more people are here. why not just have 1 news feed pinned to the top and update it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The sight of first round pick Kendall Wright on the ground in pain was the last thing the Titans wanted to see, especially cornerback Tommie Campbell.

That’s because it was Campbell who collided with Wright on a throw across the middle. Wright went down, and doctors looked at his left knee. He stayed on the ground for several minutes before eventually getting up. He returned to practice later.

“It was a scary moment for me, because I don’t want to be known as that guy– the guy who hurt the first-rounder,” Campbell said with a smile. “It was nothing intentional. I didn’t pull him down or doing anything excessive. We just went to the ground. I am happy he is OK. He came back later and caught a deep route so I am pretty sure he is OK by the way he ran that route.”

Wright, who just began practicing full speed on Saturday, said he’s fine. He said his left knee had actually been feeling “sore,” and after feeling a “pop” during the collision with Campbell, “I think it made it feel better.”

Wright said he suspects he hyper-extended the knee.

“Nothing against Tommie,” Wright said “He was making a play on the ball. … I’m good.”

Source: Titans Insider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar