Ken Wisenhunt = Butch Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Nobody sits on a lead, scared as hell, and goes into the (coaching) fetal position, like these 2 coaches. If anyone has followed UT football this year, you'd notice that we had the talent to be 6-0 right now, but Butch coaches scared, just like Wisenhunt, and that cost the Vols 3 games they absolutely should have won.

Butch Jones Needs a Common Sense Coach | FOX Sports

Wisenhunt blew leads last year being so ultra-conservative....I can remember the Cleveland game...blowing a massive lead...and we had the Redskins on the rope, and he got conservative again.
    Just like the Vols, the Titan's won't be a winning team until their head coach grows a pair. Just that simple.

I'm not advocating that Wiz coach reckless, but when you are playing a defense like Buffalo's, you HAVE to go for 7 when you are a less than a yard away from the 1st down marker, inside their 3 yard line. That might be the only chance you get to reach the end zone. Same thing when we are on the Buffalo 36, with a 4th and 2. WE PUNT!!! WTH?!!! We netted about 15yds. That is scared arse coaching, right there. If you don't get the 1st down and sustain the drive....so what? They get the ball on the 35yd line? Big freakin deal.

We had another drive stall at about the Buffalo 38, and we punt, again! How are you going to establish an identity as a hard-nosed football team when your Head Coach is soft as Charmin? I don't want us to have to go through another coaching change, but Wisenhunt will have to change his stripes before we'll ever win.

One last note....what the hell are we doing running DMC at all....much less between the tackles, while keeping our best RB, Terrance West, inactive? That's a stupid personnel call, right there. DMC weighs about as much as a sack of taters, and is about as tall as one, too....yet we utilize him in the running game way too much.

#1 TitanUpB4UGO, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  2. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

When did T west become our best Back???

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

He didn't go conservative once he got the lead yesterday. He was conservative the whole time. Given the Bills offense, i don't think that was a bad plan. The team didn't execute well enough to win.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

West got a chance and cant hold onto the ball.

The identity he is trying to shove down the teams throat wont work, we dont have the players for it

5. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

With Cobb on IR for the 1st half of the season, West IS the best RB we have. I've even watched a crew on NFL.com say as much, when he played that one game. He's the only one with the size and speed combination you need in a feature back. Right now, Wisenhunt is playing a scrawny scatback (DMC) as our featureback....no wonder we have an average run game.

I didn't see West giving up the ball a whole lot. Just one play, and when you consider that Sankey muffed the kickoff twice on Sunday, he should be on the practice squad by now, according to some folks logic, here.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

West fumbled in both games he played.

I had high hoped for him but if you can't hold onto the ball you're worthless.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

West has 2 fumbles in 2 games, which was basically like 1.1 games because he fumbled early and got pulled.

8. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

We do, but he won't play him (West). When Cobb comes back from IR, he and West could make a good tandem, but right now....you're right. Between Sankey and DMC....we are too damn small at RB to be trying to force our running game down anyone's throats.

The other thing that bothers me to no end, is we have two HUGE WR's, with 4.4/40 speed....and we won't use them, much. Hunter should be the starting X receiver, and we should try to feed him the ball deep a handful of times each game. Anytime we get 5+yds on 1st down, I'd play action pass deep to Hunter or DGB. Teams need to fear those two so much that their safeties stay deep where they cannot support the run.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Guess that means Sankey should be sitting on the bench or inactive, cause he fumbled the ball twice on kickoff's yesterday. The first one would have been disastrous, had it not been for a penalty on the Bills during the play.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Difference is Sankey was drafted in the 2nd round one year ago and West was traded for just before the season began for a conditional draft pick. I'm not saying West shouldn't get another shot. I'm saying he's not all that and couldn't stop from putting the ball on the ground when we did use.

There's a reason the Browns were willing to part with him for practically nothing.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar