Ken Whisenhunt: Attention to detail key for Bishop Sankey

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Aug 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No way, Sankey would burn Bernard in any kind of contest. We just haven't seen Sankey comfortable yet.

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

IDK about that. I know that in actuality Sankey bested Gio in every combine event but I remember watching Gio on hard knocks and in the preseaon last year and thinking to myself "no way this is a 4.5 guy, he seems so much quicker". I'm really hoping it's a matter of comfort but I haven't really gotten the same impression from Sankey yet. Gio tested worse but was akways visibly very quick. So far what I've seen from Bishop are his sweet feet, good vision, and solid hands. I want to see more suddeness and explosion though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

If he ever becomes a consistent running talent I'll be surprised at this point.

I'll take the receiving option tho. It's forward thinking and useable in so many packages

4. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I believe that is why we took him in the first place (useable in so many packages). We both wanted Hyde, but I believe that the thinking was we can use his hands and receiving out of the back field. I like that he cuts up north when he runs and doesn't seem to dally. Let him run with the 1's and see what we have.

5. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I thought that was the point of getting McCluster? Isn't he suppose to be our back when can use in many packages.

I was expecting Sankey to be a running threat for us.

6. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

He is just a versatile back is what I am saying. Hyde would of been an awesome back for us IMO, but I believe that Whiz was looking for what they think they have in Sankey- able to run the ball and also very capable of catching it as well. It is going to be interesting to see how we use this 3 headed committee.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Looks like we have a couple guys with similar traits. Mccluster can't be run up the middle as often however with his frame

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

One minute of watching Gio vs Sankey and its clearly evident Gio is way faster and more explosive. Does that mean Sankey can't do better than Gio no although I don't have super high hopes for the kid. I think he's the definition of average and I hope I'm wrong. IDC what Sankey and Gio ran at the combine either. Sankey looks like the slowest 4.49 I've ever seen.

9. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

If he can cut and get up north for 3.5 to 5 yds, I don't care if he is average. We do not need explosiveness nor do we need dancing behind the line. We need positive gains and not the losses as we have become accustomed to these last few years. Cut and move-- 3rd and 3 or 4 not 3rd and 11 or 13.

10. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I understand the logic is we need that back just takes 3-5 yards when its given to him.

But that's what Sankey looks like, to me at least. Just a running back who can get what is given to him & nothing more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar