Ken Hamlin vs. Reggie Nelson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Mar 9, 2007.

?
  1. SIGN HAMLIN!

14 vote(s)
    60.9%
  2. Reggie Nelson all the way!

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. Neither are worth the effort!

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Whatya think? Should we go after Hamlin in FA or wait and hope to get Nelson with our first pick? Somethin else?

2. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

3. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

For some reason, and I can't quite pinpoint excactly what it is, but I'm not a big fan of Nelson. I like Landry, or Merriweather, more. Hamlin is a solid vet who knows how to play in the NFL. I think he's a safer pick. We did just get Lowery last year also.

I'd rather spend our first rounder on something else, WR, CB or DE please.

4. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

We are not paying for Hamlin, he wants too much $$$. Just look @ the deal Grant got this morning from Seattle.

Unless Landry or Nelson fall somehow to #19 which is highly unlikely for Landry, just maybe for Nelson, it'll be Lowry & Hope starting at safety next year.

5. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I'd rather give Lowry and Fuller an REAL chance at the position. Doesnt make sense to spend quality picks on S then never give them the opportunity. Everyone can say that they didnt earn it and force fish to sit LT this season, but you'd be crazy to say fish isnt a loyalist to his players almost to a fault.

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

There has to be a reason we drafted Lowry in the 4th round.. so let him play i say. Hamlin would be nice tho.

7. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Troy Vincent

If we're not going to sign a high-caliber FA safety, then why not sign Troy Vincent on the cheap? He would be an excellent mentor for Lowrey/Fuller/Whoever we draft. Plus, he would bring big leadership to a secondary that desperately needs it. I admit, not a sexy signing, but a smart one.

8. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Definitly not sexy.. but smart. He might not be able to "go" anymore. But he still has a little play in him. He would surely mentor our young guys. And maybe teach Thompson how not to suck

9. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

And maybe teach Pacman how not to thug.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Don't know enough about Hamlin to know which I'd prefer, but I don't think we're going to do either...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar