Keith Bulluck blasted Fisher and Fisher lies... staying the course...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

If we could've gotten Shanahan I would've loved that, he could do wonders with CJ imo.

2. globelieves

globelieves Starter

I'm not a Fisher hater by any means, but I do want sound in over the who would you put in over Fisher question by saying some of the new blood...meaning those having never held a head coaching position...have been successful lately. If I were replacing Jeff, and I am not advocating that, I'd go young and try to build a good team of veteran off/ def coordinators around him.

I never have understood why teams recycle head coaches that failed.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Head coaches records are skewed if you just look at the stats.
    Behind every great coach there's a great GM. Most great coaches as they're perceived have benefited from a longterm franchise QB.

That's why I think it's worth taking a shot at a promising if unproven younger guy.

Fisher had his best seasons with McNair, the rest of the time we've seen him get average results.

Getting a franchise QB is a crapshoot. We are going top look good against a lot of teams this season. However I have no confidence in our coaches against the best teams which we'll have to face if we get to the play offs.

Next season I'd like to see a change.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I wouldn't mind Kyle Shanahan. Yea he's young but he's very much on the rise and he'll be a head coach sooner than later so why wait? He's got tons of upside. Just a thought off the top of my head but I know I'd rather go with a young coordinator and not an already head coach. Seems to be a popular trend.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'd probably give Heimerdinger a shot first, myself. He's from the Shanahan tree, like Kyle, and he's already got a lot invested. I'm keen to know if our issues are with him or Fisher, but I'd like to know what Dinger would do on O if he had full control. I'd leave Cecil in place as DC.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Oh yeah, I'd also look at Mike Zimmer in Cincinnati, but he's a defensive guy.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Honestly I wouldn't mind it if Heimerdinger and Fisher were both axed (assuming we had a bad season). I'd interview Cecil, Zimmer, Manuski, Shanahan.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I wouldn't have. There is a valid reason behind his termination. You think Fisher hasn't done well in the playoffs and that it's been a long time since we've won a game in postseason play? Well, Shanahan was fired after going 10 years without winning one playoff game.

Also, Shanahan was the kind of guy who could turn a no-name, average to mediocre guy into a solid running back. CJ is a superstar; not much else for him to do out there, considering he touches the ball 65-70% of the time. Shanny could probably draw up some new trick plays or something, but I don't see a drastic change.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Why would you want Dinger gone?

I guess two poor seasons in a row with the best running back may justify it. I don't know. I like the guy.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Munchak - just kidding Muchak needs to be chained to the OL Coach postion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar