Keith Bulluck blasted Fisher and Fisher lies... staying the course...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Starter

If we could've gotten Shanahan I would've loved that, he could do wonders with CJ imo.
  2. globelieves

globelieves Camp Fodder

I'm not a Fisher hater by any means, but I do want sound in over the who would you put in over Fisher question by saying some of the new blood...meaning those having never held a head coaching position...have been successful lately. If I were replacing Jeff, and I am not advocating that, I'd go young and try to build a good team of veteran off/ def coordinators around him.

I never have understood why teams recycle head coaches that failed.
  3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

Head coaches records are skewed if you just look at the stats.
    Behind every great coach there's a great GM. Most great coaches as they're perceived have benefited from a longterm franchise QB.

That's why I think it's worth taking a shot at a promising if unproven younger guy.

Fisher had his best seasons with McNair, the rest of the time we've seen him get average results.

Getting a franchise QB is a crapshoot. We are going top look good against a lot of teams this season. However I have no confidence in our coaches against the best teams which we'll have to face if we get to the play offs.

Next season I'd like to see a change.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I wouldn't mind Kyle Shanahan. Yea he's young but he's very much on the rise and he'll be a head coach sooner than later so why wait? He's got tons of upside. Just a thought off the top of my head but I know I'd rather go with a young coordinator and not an already head coach. Seems to be a popular trend.
  5. GLinks

GLinks Titans on the Rise

I'd probably give Heimerdinger a shot first, myself. He's from the Shanahan tree, like Kyle, and he's already got a lot invested. I'm keen to know if our issues are with him or Fisher, but I'd like to know what Dinger would do on O if he had full control. I'd leave Cecil in place as DC.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. GLinks

GLinks Titans on the Rise

Oh yeah, I'd also look at Mike Zimmer in Cincinnati, but he's a defensive guy.
  7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Honestly I wouldn't mind it if Heimerdinger and Fisher were both axed (assuming we had a bad season). I'd interview Cecil, Zimmer, Manuski, Shanahan.
  8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I wouldn't have. There is a valid reason behind his termination. You think Fisher hasn't done well in the playoffs and that it's been a long time since we've won a game in postseason play? Well, Shanahan was fired after going 10 years without winning one playoff game.

Also, Shanahan was the kind of guy who could turn a no-name, average to mediocre guy into a solid running back. CJ is a superstar; not much else for him to do out there, considering he touches the ball 65-70% of the time. Shanny could probably draw up some new trick plays or something, but I don't see a drastic change.
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Why would you want Dinger gone?

I guess two poor seasons in a row with the best running back may justify it. I don't know. I like the guy.
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

Munchak - just kidding Muchak needs to be chained to the OL Coach postion
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.