Keith Bulluck blasted Fisher and Fisher lies... staying the course...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

You should be careful wearing those Fisher tinted glasses.

Too much eye candy has given you a retinal cavity and you have a blind spot.

Changing QB was not an adjustment. Changing the gear stick doesn't alter the ratios. we ran the same crappy running plays and most of those yards were given to us to take time off the clock.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Too much for me to go back to catch up with, but gathering from skimming:

1. We know Jeff Fisher doesn't sign contracts. We also know that he DOES have a major role in retaining players and negotiating. We also know that he constantly LIES about situations with players. It doesn't matter if the players werent good... it DOES matter that he lies and tries to make himself seem like the good guy when it's all just an act and complete garbage of the mouth.
    Pretending they wanted to negotiate with a guy but "couldn't get ahold of them"?? That's pre-school nonsense. Fisher needs to grow up.

I can see him calling, letting it ring once- hanging up and giggling in a room all by himself as he marks the name off a list. The guy's about as mature as Vince Young was 3 years ago.

2. Roll Tide is the most easy to please, settle for mediocrity, lover of underachievement fan ever.

That's pretty much it.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

This.

I remember checking out Raven, Chargers, Broncos, and Bucs forums after they fired their coaches. ESPN was (for the most part) up in arms that they (minus SD) could fire Superbowl WINNING coaches (something Fisher isn't) and didn't understand these moves. However on the forums their fans (again for the most part) were THRILLED. They saw the direction their team was headed, they knew it was more of the same and even though Billick, Shanahan, and Gruden had success, you can't live off of past accomplishments and playoff appearances, something Fisher seems to be doing a good job of. For me, if I'm GM, I basically say "Assuming we don't get littered with injuries, Fisher pretty much has to win a playoff game this year or else." It's just ever since our last playoff win which is God knows how long ago it's just been more of the same over and over again and it's getting old.

4. amy

amy Starter

I don't think that's the issue. The issue is the reasons he gives for what he does. It's not our business to be sure, but when he feels compelled to give reasons, then should he not give honest ones? If you don't want to rehire a player, just say so. Don't say "we couldn't get in touch with him". Fisher lies, spins, and then lies some more. I just hope he doesn't kill the spirit in Vince, then chucks him when he doesn't perform up to 'standards'. I know nothing about play calling, but I do know that you have to take a person where he/she is and go from there. Vince admitted he was having trouble reading the Pitt defense. Well, didn't the coaches know this at least a week before the game? Did they provide plays that could work the ball down the field, based on Vince's strengths? I don't know, but it appeared to me that no one on the offense had a clue what to do. If that was the case, then the buck stops with the coaching staff.

JMO

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'd be interested to see names of those you think would step in and do a better job. Or is that important?

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Marty Schottenheimer
    Brian Schottenheimer
    Jim Harbaugh
    Greg Williams
    John Fox

7. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

It's funny how many people are complaining about JF lying, spinning the truth, being dishonest, etc. etc.

This is the NFL. There is no coach that tells it like it is.

The fact is that the NFL is a very cold league that needs to be perceived as a big, happy family to the public. It's not lovey dovey and it certainly has no time for feelings. Very rarely do we see decisions made for the player himself. If said player isn't beneficial to the organization ..... then he's gone. No loyalty.

JF says the right things for the organization. Not the real things.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Who would we get?

I guess if you really think John Fox is better than Fisher then we can just bring him on in because he's leaving the Panthers after this season. We could also get Wade Phillips who is even worse than Fisher in the playoffs.

Talk Cowher or Dungy out of retirement to come coach for teams they once hated (and Cowher definitely still hates us), and I'd be willing to make the change.

Childress,

Harbaugh isn't going anywhere. Maybe you want his brother from Stanford? That may not be so bad.

Marty is too old and could never get it done in the playoffs either. His son is nowhere near ready to be head coach.

Gregg Williams would be an interesting choice and even though he didn't seem like a good head coach, I may be up for it.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

My bad ,I did indeed mean John Harbaugh.

EDIT;no dang it I did mean Jim Harbaugh. Pluck the Ravens

Martyball was never dull and yes he has a very poor playoff record but I like the idea of a father son schottenheimer coaching team like the Shanaghan's in Washington

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Marty is Jeff Fisher left coast. He had the nice regular season but couldn't win in the playoffs.

Brian is an "up-and-comer" but has no head coaching experience. Nice offensive mind.

Jim Harbaugh hasn't coached a top program at the NCAA level yet.

Greg Williams didn't do anything with his previous opportunity.

What has John Fox done which makes you think he's an upgrade?

For every person named here, I think you can make quite a few arguments for or against being an upgrade to Fisher. Of those you list, I'd be inclined to look only at Brian. I'd also consider Leslie Frazier.

IMO, the list isn't very long unless you feel Fisher is not a top 15 coach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar