Keep Pick #1 or Trade It?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dangermode, Apr 4, 2016.

?
  1. Keep it. Ramsey or Tunsil are elite enough prospects that it would be foolish to pass them up

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Trade it. To any team, anywhere in the first round as long as adequate compensation is given

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Trade it. But no further back than to the Rams at 15

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. Trade it. But no further back than to the Eagles at 8

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. Trade it. But no further back than to the 49ers at 7

17 vote(s)
    32.7%
  6. Trade it. But no further back than to the Browns at 2

9 vote(s)
    17.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

According to PFT and MMQB there as been "significant interest in the pick" as of late in regards to a trade. Peter King put the odds at 50-50 a deal is made in the next few weeks as of this morning. My question to YOU Titans fans is, should we make a deal?

2. Delco78

Delco78 Starter

I would love to see a trade with Cleveland.we can play up how bad the eagles and sf wants to trade and force them to trade.we still get whoever we want and get more picks to boot

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Trade with Browns then trade again with SF would be awesome.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

I'd like Tunsil or Ramsey. I'll take the drop to #2 if there is a reasonable invite but I'd take either at Pick 1 if there isn't an inviting deal.

5. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Adequate compensation sounds good to me. We have so many holes, can you imagine what we would get moving to a pick in the teens or 20's. We could still get a high value cb or ot at that place....

Why isn't everyone voting for adequate compensation?

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

If SF is truly getting rid of Kaepernick they will need to draft a QB. Here’s my ideal scenario:

SF gets #1 overall and takes Wentz.

Titans get: #7 overall, #37 overall, 2017 1st round pick, and Joe Staley

I know most trades involve picks only, but just think if they throw in Staley, we solve our hole at tackle (whether that’s putting Staley at RT or moving Lewan over – I prefer to keep Lewan at LT cause he’s younger) then we go CB and take Vernon Hargreaves at #7. Then we have two 2nd round picks this year and two 1st rounder’s next year.

7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

MMQB's Peter King reports the Titans "have received significant interest" in the No. 1 pick.

"The Titans, holders of the first pick in the draft, will have a chance to make a deal," King wrote. "I believe it is now 50-50 whether Tennessee will trade it or keep it." New GM Jon Robinson has been clear in his desire to move down all offseason. If the pick is drawing "significant interest," then the chances are probably better than 50-50 the Titans will trade down. Tennessee is expected to choose between Ole Miss LT Laremy Tunsil and Florida State DB Jalen Ramsey if they stick at No. 1.

Source: MMQB
    Apr 4 - 10:55 AM

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Trade back to the Browns at #2 ideally.
    However I would want them to go QB so we could still take Ramsey.
    Would be the ideal situation, extra picks and still get our guy.

I'd also be okay with dropping back to #7 if they give us enough.
    Although we wouldn't really be getting an "elite" prospect anymore at 7.

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Let's say Ramsey and Tunsil is gone by 7 which is almost a gaurentee. Who would you hope is still around to take?

I suppose with a second 2nd round pick, we could go Treadwell at 7 and nab E. Apple at #33 and a RT at #40.

That would be interesting... Grab BPA for defense with our two 3rd round picks.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I like Hargreaves almost as much as Ramsey, he just doesn't have that top end speed (but he's quick) and size. Could be a good #1 for us still, though not Ramsey's size or speed. Treadwell would be fine as well.

Keep in mind if we trade to #7, more than likely 2 QBs go before our pick which means one of these guys will be left on the board if not more than 1: Tunsil, Ramsey, Bosa, Buckner, Stanely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar