Karl Klug

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Was really impressed with him but there were reports out of camp that he was playing great so it wasn't that surprising he played well.

2. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

Said it before, I'll say it again. Reminds me of an interior Kyle Vanden Bosch.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

When we drafted him I thought to myself, "Who the F is that?!"... which is the same thing I said when we draft Chris Johnson.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CaptainInsano02

CaptainInsano02 Starter

Have a friend who is a huge Hawkeyes fan...before the first preseason game even started, all he said was "get ready to see klug mess their o-line up!"

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

First, i just posted an article about the potential we cut Haye to take his 3M and give to CJ - along w/ Gage's 3M.

Second, Jones is a very good rusher and stays in his lane. The young Klug might not do the same. Jones played both end and DT here with great success at both, whereas Klug is a DT and thats what he knows from college.

im actually happier with it this way. Keep klug at DT because hes playing well there and keep the speedy jones on the edge. he plays faster than most 275 pound-ers. As we get bigger, we need to make sure we still have some pace from the edge.

if jones didnt get injured a lot, he'd be star by now

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Jones Klug Smith Morgan

I say so :-D

7. cutter10

cutter10 Rookie

Great problem to have, but lets not be too hasty after one preseason game, here's my take, at 275lbs. Klug will fizz out at DT sunday after sunday playing against true first stringers who avg. well over 300 lbs. with Klugs speed and strength he could be a force at the DE position, Morgan could be great also, but his pass injury could be a ghost for him mentally, Marks also suffered a slight injury yesterday on his sore shoulder again so who knows how this team will look , but i do believe this team will make the playoffs , the D-line is the most important group on this team they will keep a bunch on the roster and PS because the starters and the 2nd and 3rd stringers are really neck and neck, Sheppard and Clayton will soon replace Marks and Haye.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

With all this talk about getting bigger up front we honestly did not until we signed Smith. Clayton, Klug and Casey are no different than all the other Dts we have drafted over the years. How are they different from Marks, Starks, Jones? They are not.

I have my doubts about Haye at over 300 lbs. He didn't look that quick at 275 so Klug is a pleasant surprise. Nice to have somebody with some real quickness there.

Klug's size doesn't bother me too much he will come off the bench as part of a rotation and can give us a boost. Outside he would not be the same kind of player.

Look at some Iowa highlights and you will see that Klug was not the 2nd best lineman on that team and clayborn was a high draft pick.

We can talk about getting bigger all we want but if our best players are smaller guys we have to go with them.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Intriguing. Clayborn was drafted 20th overall. I'm not a college football guy but would like to think that we got a steal.

10. Tull

Tull Starter

I read somewhere that the coaches thought Klug would play DE but he did so well at DT that he has stayed there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar