Karl Klug

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Nice article on Mr. Klug.

Link: http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...even-he-isn-t?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports Tennessee Titans

Haven't seen a thread dedicated for Klug, but he's been mentioned in plenty of threads. This kid has really impressed me so far. Though, I've only seen one game of limited play, and a couple games of him at Iowa. Haven't been to the training camp, but people who have are raving about the kid. Klug will be perfect for our new scheme, being able to play DT or DE. I think he could be the real deal, and a steal in the draft. Hopefully he stays healthy and keeps improving.

Anyone else really excited about this kid?

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Yes its the first preseason game but rurrell Casey,Zach Clayton and klulg all look really good(morgan too)I still think Marks is better then both Haye and Shaun Smith.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I was impressed with Klug too, he gets really good push up the middle and he can really get after the ball. Looks like he's got a ton of heart and he was able to make a great impression. I'm hopeful he keeps it up.

4. xpmar9x

Our DL has REALLY bulked up this year. 3 of our main DTs are 300+ lbs and both our starting DEs are 275-280.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Klug is strong and slippery, but so was Jason Jones at one time. I hope at 275 Klug doesn't get beaten up inside.

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Man Klug looks like the real deal. He was knocking the Vikings starting guards back and getting great pressure. He put a BIG hit on McNabb on one play just as he was getting rid of the ball. I'm not sure how many DT's we'll carry but with Smith, Casey, Klug, Clayton, Haye, and Marks I doubt we keep all 6. If it were up to me Haye would be let go because it seems the rookies have more potential.

One thing that struck me odd about how the coaches decisions about the DL, and this isn't a criticism, is that they talked all year about getting bigger on the DL. But moved Jason Jones to end, who has played DT every year until now and is bigger than Klug who also can play end, but played Klug at DT. It seems to be working but I just wonder if you keep Jones at DT and play Klug at end if that would have even worked better.

7. xpmar9x

Klug may not be bigger, but im guessing he's stronger than Jones. He also knows how to use leverage and angles better, being an ex-wrestler... i'm not sure if that's better for a DE or DT though.

I'm guessing we'll carry Smith, Casey, Klug, Haye, and Marks... Clayton will be on PS.

8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

They're listed at the same weight, but Klug is 2" lower and seems like his center of gravity is way lower. That's probably why.

9. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

I was impressed early in the game when he was being held at the line and managed to get away and make the tackle on the side for a short gain.

I asked in another thread where I can get a jersey for him. I meant one on here....to replace my Hall jersey. Who makes those?

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Message TJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar