Kapman = Jags

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Aaron Kampman's new contract with the Jaguars is worth $26 million over four years, with $11 million guaranteed.

It's almost identical to Kyle Vanden Bosch's; they got the exact same total value, though Kampman received $1M more in guarantees. Kampman, coming off a torn ACL in November, is unlikely to be a consistent pass-rushing presence before midseason of 2010. The Jags remain likely to invest in rushers early in April's draft after setting a franchise low in sacks last year.

2. iQon

iQon Starter

I think he may have lost value because of injuries last year. Also, they moved to a 3-4 and he didn't fit. Maybe that is why GB let him go and he didn't seem to get much demand.

Solid move in my book. I'd say another great miss by the Titans organization, but the guy would have never signed with us even if we did go after him. Only obscure, unwanted, and/or guys who want #1 money for their proven perennial #2 talent seem to take our offers.

3. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

I hope we can win a game without him . . . but I doubt it . . .

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yeah a difference maker coming off total reconstruction on a knee.

Can you ever write an informed post? Ever?

How many teams have a better record than the titans the last 3 seasons? How many teams have a better record who don't have a QB named Manning, Brady or Brees?

I think sometimes you are confusing the titans with the Lions.

5. DelawareTitan

DelawareTitan Starter

Another example of the lack of depth in the free agent pool. Jacksonville overpays for a past his prime pash rusher coming off of a major knee injury.

"Jacksonville. Where Free Agents Go To DIE"

6. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Seriously? Why would anyone worry about not landing Kampman. He is old and has a bionic knee. Let Jacksonville overpay for that guy.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

:grrhee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar