Kamerion Wimbley asked to take Paycut

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I hope he takes a pay cut and stays.

2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Not at all. I was responding to someone else's argument that we should side with the owners/teams because the players are so rich anyway. As if the owners aren't much wealthier than the players. It was a pretty stupid argument.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Me too.

He's got experience, and was drafted in the 1st as a 3-4 OLB. This is ideal for him. He just needs a CJ type paycut. He should only be making 2-3mil per year instead of 7 or 8.

There is no better place for him to be, than here. And nobody is going to offer him any kind of cash, due to his suckage the past few years.

He'd better take the paycut, while the offer is on the table.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Alex is on his old man rant.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Human beings getting paid millions to play a game = slavery. Yes!

Excellent! You win! Brilliant analogy!

You are so smart and gifted!

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Do you all really not grasp the idea that there is a salary cap? That when people complain about a player's salary it is about their production and how it relates to the team cap which effects signing other players?

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Take the cut Wimbley...Now you have a solid coaching staff and one hell of a DC. He could be a part of something awesome if he is patient...I would like to see what he can do if he stays for less, if not, buh bye

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Of course I understand the salary cap. I was responding to the notion that we shouldn't care that the owners aren't obligated to live up to the contract while players are because the players are so rich. With the owners being considerably more wealthy than the players, that argument didn't make much sense. The post I was responding to really didn't have anything to do with the salary cap.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

But the players aren't obligated. They can hold out.

They can also switch careers and go do something else.

10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Correct. Why do you keep pointing out the obvious as if I disagree with you? I was responding to the argument that it's okay for the owners to not live up to their contractual obligations, but not for the players. Nothing else. Got that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar