Kamerion Wimbley asked to take Paycut

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Askin wimbley to take a cut isn't giving away value.

If we did cut him... He still wouldn't be value. Much like CJ

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

They work 330 days per year and the compensation they get is a microscopic fraction of what the NCAA is making off them. I'm not an advocate of pay for play or anything but I think it's funny that this guy thinks a legally binding contract with fair compensation if breached is "slavery" when you can get a lot closer right down the road.

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

At my job i dont sign contracts that are for a certain amount of years

4. TheSureThing

If you don't think either of those players can help a team in any way then I'd rather not argue about this because you're obviously being ignorant.

5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

At least someone on here has some intelligence

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You don't have a salary?

7. TheSureThing

And just like if your job were to fire you prematurely, Kamerion Wimbley will be compensated according to whatever terms the contract he signed has. You can sleep easy tonight.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

So your current job is a lifetime commitment, that is fully guaranteed? or are you just wrong on the subject?

Almost any of us could get fired at any moment, and be owed nothing, or just a small fraction of what we could have made. NFL contracts have guaranteed and non guaranteed money. they sign the contract.

If that reminds you of slavery in any way, I recommend you look up facts on NFL contracts, and slavery. Because you simply don't have a good grasp on the topics.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Wimbley is subpar at best. He's got minimal value for any team. Regardless of 43/34. He's a weakness against the run however he could be a decent scheme fit and help teach.... Doesn't mean we should allow him to rape our cap.

CJ.... CJ is at the bottom of rb with 550 touches. 20 of 22. He's not worth what we pay him and he's not going to take a cut to stay. This isn't even an argument. "Value"

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I see your point. Still, no one forces X player to sign the contract with X team. And no one forces a HS athlete to play college ball. They choose to play college ball because A) they get a free education, and more importantly B) it's a potential springboard to the NFL and millions and millions of dollars. And some do it simply for the love of the game.

My whole point is no one is making them do any of this (the extremely key component of "slavery"). They signed up for it. Ask anyone who ever made it to the NFL and made millions of dollars if those 3-4 years of 300 days "working for free" was ultimately worth it and I guarantee each and every one of them gives a resounding "F*** yeah".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar