Kamerion Wimbley asked to take Paycut

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Ever heard of the NCAA?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm trying to wrap my head around how stupid this post is.

At your job, are you guaranteed your pay?

That is hilarious.. defending these poor millionaires,

while we work at our job.. Wimbley is owed 156 TIMES more this year than a person who does well in my city making 50K a year.

Me, at my current job would have to work 260 YEARS to make what he is owed in 2014.

Who are the slaves?

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Those poor, poor athletes.... what with their free college educations and millions of dollars per year.
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I don't agree with spending money for the sake of spending it. But I also don't agree with saving money for the sake of saving it, which is what we seem to be doing.

5. 615nick

615nick Starter

With this and the cj cut Casey better get lockee in for 7yrs

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I don't think he was referring in any way to the amount of money. He was likely commenting on how teams can sign a player to a contract, and then decide not to honor I and nobody cares. Whereas a player will get blasted non-stop for doing so. BTW, the owners are WAY more wealthy than the players.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It just goes to show how celebrity obsessed our whole culture is. People making ~30k a year pissing and moaning about how unfairly their favorite athletes are treated by the mean old universities and NFL organizations.

I will say I think kids should be able to immediately declare for the NFL draft after HS if they so wish. Probably won't turn out so great for the vast majority of them. But they should have that choice. But I will never EVER feel sorry for college athletes who are getting a free ride (as well as money/gifts under the table in some cases). And I damn sure won't feel sorry for a guy who is making more in a year than I will in my entire life... for playing a GAME.

• High Five High Five x 5
  8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

LeBron is a free agent next season.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It is still ludicrous.

Everybody is subordinate to somebody. a middle class person calling a multimillionaire a slave is laughable.

What we, as regular people, are far from anything resembling slaves (which still exist in parts of the world) and calling someone who is richer than literally 99.9 percent of the world "a slave" is slap-worthy.

at least 80 percent of HUMANITY makes less than 10 dollars per day.

about half the world makes 2 dollars or less per day.

Wimbley is technically owed 21,369.863 dollars per day in 2014. about 10,685 times what half the world makes per day.

So I really don't wanna hear it.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Couldn't we have cut CJ and Wimbley next year and saved just as much? Seems like we're giving away value right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar