Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Kamerion Wimbley asked to take Paycut

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Apr 4, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 11 users.
  1. RTH Meh...

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $8,731
    Nope. A player can quit and leave. A slave is a slave until death.

Your argument is invalid.
  2. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,907
    The search feature is a wonderful thing.

http://gotitans.com/threads/should-we-trade-kenny.89090/page-13#post-1066226
    TitanJeff high fives this.
  3. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $38,712

A lot of the players have nothing without football. That's why a lot of them get in big trouble or commit suicide after their career.
  4. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $38,712

I stand corrected I did say that. I will make the bet that he outperforms any titans WR this season.
  5. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,281
    Its amazing Lavelle Hawkins has a job and VY and CJ dont
    GoT high fives this.
  6. xhrr Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,931
    That doesn't change the fact they can still walk away on their own free will at any time and you are vastly over exaggerating the amount of suicides. I repeat own free will. Therefore anyone who can act as they please on their own free will is not a slave. Most got a free education if they stuck around for it so they can always fall back on that.

Thousands of people play in the NFL of course they're are going to be a few who commit suicide that.
    GoT high fives this.
  7. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $38,712

Well VY may or may not have a job. You don't know what he's doing off the field. Regarding CJ, he will have a job very shortly.
  8. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $38,712

^ Modern Day slavery. The majority of the NFL players are nothing without football. Therefore they must stick to the game in order to make a living.
  9. UrbanLegend3 Starter

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,869
    Rather than jump down your throat let me just ask you, how do you personally define slavery? Why do you feel that NFL players qualify as slaves according to your definition? Years ago there was an author that wrote a book titled "Million Dollar Slaves" about pro athletes and I was interested in reading it to understand his rationale. I think I may finally do it.
    TitansWillWin2 high fives this.
  10. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $12,990
    And who's fault is that? They could go back to school or learn a trade just like everyone else in this country.

You've said a lot of silly things over the years but this whole slavery thing is right up there near the top. Those poor, poor souls.... being paid MILLIONS to play a GAME... who are off 5 months out of the year.... living the most extravagant of lifestyles. :rolleyes: