Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Kamerion Wimbley asked to take Paycut

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Apr 4, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 11 users.
  1. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $38,690

First of all I understand the concepts. Comparing an actual job to a sport is comparing apples to oranges.

Secondly, cutting CJ only saves us 4 mil against the Cap. I doubt we will be signing anyone actually noteworthy after cutting him.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Good picture of me from 10 years ago

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,865
    That imo, is exactly WHY we should extend him now. He's looked real good, but not elite. Throw some money at him, lock him up now before he has an even better season. Cause my guess is a year from now it will cost a lot more because 1) he will have another very productive season and 2) every year $$$ goes up and it costs more to re-sign guys.

It's a way to keep his salary cap impact smaller in 2016,2017,etc then if we re-sign him next year.

Obviously there is a risk that I guess he busts from here... but I don't see that. I see him having a great career. So re-sign him now, and he still is young enough to have monetary incentive for the next contract 4-5 years down the road.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,865
    Oh well there goes that idea.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,865
    You are too dumb to understand the salary cap. There is a minimum that has to be reached but not every year over an average of 3-4 years. You can exceed the total cap to catch up in a single season. It could be that we have an under year with the thought that we have an over year coming soon.

Damn I just wasted my time talking to the forum idiot.
    nbtoppers2 and Ghost high five this.
  2. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $38,690

I understand that, but I don't give a **** about next season I care about how are we going to use that money now. The answer, were not lol.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,865
    Then you are dumb. We are very unlikely to be a superbowl team next year, have to build smart.

Also since you were on here bragging (lying) about how much money you make, why you chicken to bet me in the Britt thread???
    titan520 and Ensconatus high five this.
  3. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $38,690

I'll bet you! He will have more td's than any WR on our team
  4. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,905
    Lol. Gotta catch the ball first. And I totally offered you a Kenny Britt bet during the season last year. You bitched out and wouldn't accept it. Good thing.
    nbtoppers2 high fives this.
  5. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,436
    I'd like to see him under Horton. So I hope he decides to take the pay cut.
  6. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,966
    Same here. I think he's gonna take it.