Kaczor looking to make mark as well

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans have a new offensive coordinator in Dowell Loggains. On defense, Gregg Williams is back with the team as a senior assistant, where he’s working with defensive coordinator Jerry Gray.

But there’s also a different look on special teams, where Nate Kaczor is going through his first offseason as special teams coordinator.

Kaczor replaced long-time special teams coach Alan Lowry this offseason after serving previously as assistant offensive line coach.

Coaches joined players on the field in recent weeks during organized team activities. On Wednesday, the team will conduct its first organized team activity. Coach Mike Munchak said Kaczor is working to put his own stamp on the unit.

“We’ve been doing work on special teams, so Nate’s been able to introduce his way of doing things, his philosophies, his vision for special teams,’’ Munchak said. “So players can get used to his drills and the way he is going to run practice, which I think they are really going to enjoy.”

So far this offseason, Munchak said players have been buying in to what they’re being taught.

“They’ve been able to introduce their vision for doing things, different philosophies,’’ Munchak said of his staff. “Now it is more of players taking the next step with the coaches, and we can see where we are on offense and defense and special teams.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

That firing made absolutely no sense. Bone headed move.

• High Five High Five x 5
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Agreed, our special teams was one of few bright spots last year.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Munchak didnt want a coach out shining him so he fired the only good one!

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Agreed, however, was it more on the players that executed, or the coach that drew it up?

I wont lie, before last year I pretty much hated Alan Lowry.

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Totally, I had no idea how they let him go. He was a great ST coach.

Not just last year man, for almost as long as I can remember, Alan has being doin a great job. He wasn't too conservative nor was he too brash. Till now, that one has me scratching my head...

On a separate note, I really thought he would be picked up by Fishface in the Lou...

Or perhaps one that had a ring, when he doesn't...

(I think Alan got one with SF when he was there)

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Yea, ranking 19th last year on special teams was AWESOME, especially after ranking 3rd the previous year.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Kaczor...sounds like a Power Rangers villain.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar