Justin Smith get $22.5 million per sack

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by wplatham, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

The 49ers just signed Justin Smith to a 6-year, $45 million contract. The guy only had two sacks last year! Wow, talk about overpaid. This also brings up two other points of interest:

1.) Now there's only one starting caliber DE left on the market, our own Antwan Odom. And it looks like Odom is really gonna make a crazy amount of cash.

2.) Unless by some miracle we get Odom back, now we have to go into the draft thinking defensive end on day one.

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

The 49rs keep throwing money at a problem. Seems like Pac to me. :ha: :pacman: Odom will probably get at least 60 mil. He's almost as good as gone.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

anyone know why the 49ers signed him, he doesn't really fit into the 3-4.....

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

At least Nolan can't take the blame for it since he is no longer GM.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Give me a break..

Justin smith is better than odom and has numerous solid seasons in his career not just one. In 7 seasons he has averaged 67 tackles and 6.2 sacks per. He plays the run very well and like our KVB is a high energy guy who plays all over the field.

I wish we had signed him.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Wplatham, why didn't you take smith's 43.5 career sacks and divide them into the total? The 49ers signed him based on what he has done his whole career not one season.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I love going into FA with needs just to come out of FA with more. Have fun on draft day MR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar